Weber State basketball: WSU enters CIT with best record of anyone in the field
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
OGDEN — Weber State’s season marches on.
The Wildcats (26-6) were left out of both the NCAA and NIT tournaments, but accepted an invitation to play in the CollegeInsider.com tournament. WSU earned a first-round date Wednesday with Cal Poly (18-13) at the Dee Events Center at 7 p.m.
The Mustangs are led by Chris Eversley, a 6-foot-7 forward who averages team highs in points (15.8 ppg) and rebounds (7.1 ppg). This is the first time in 19 years of Division-1 basketball that Cal Poly has qualified for a postseason tournament. It's also the first meeting between the two schools.
All tournament games are played on campus sites, culminating with the championship April 2. The CIT doesn’t use a bracket format, but rather restructures matchups depending on the previous round. Weber State has the best record of any team in the tournament and the fourth-highest RPI.
Wildcats on the air
Cal Poly (18-13) at Weber State (26-6)
Wednesday, 7 p.m.
Ogden, Dee Events Center
Online video: watchcollegeinsider.com
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- BYU football: With opener one week away,...
- Friday night lights: Live coverage of the...
- BYU basketball: What we learned from 4 games...
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU best-case,...
- Video: BYU commit Jaren Hall lifts Maple...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 78
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 61
- BYU football: Lone Peak's Jackson... 31
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 25
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 24