Weber State basketball: WSU enters CIT with best record of anyone in the field
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
OGDEN — Weber State’s season marches on.
The Wildcats (26-6) were left out of both the NCAA and NIT tournaments, but accepted an invitation to play in the CollegeInsider.com tournament. WSU earned a first-round date Wednesday with Cal Poly (18-13) at the Dee Events Center at 7 p.m.
The Mustangs are led by Chris Eversley, a 6-foot-7 forward who averages team highs in points (15.8 ppg) and rebounds (7.1 ppg). This is the first time in 19 years of Division-1 basketball that Cal Poly has qualified for a postseason tournament. It's also the first meeting between the two schools.
All tournament games are played on campus sites, culminating with the championship April 2. The CIT doesn’t use a bracket format, but rather restructures matchups depending on the previous round. Weber State has the best record of any team in the tournament and the fourth-highest RPI.
Wildcats on the air
Cal Poly (18-13) at Weber State (26-6)
Wednesday, 7 p.m.
Ogden, Dee Events Center
Online video: watchcollegeinsider.com
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 224
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 75
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 60
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 53
- ACC media days has some interesting... 42
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 34
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 31
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 24