Weber State basketball: WSU enters CIT with best record of anyone in the field
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
OGDEN — Weber State’s season marches on.
The Wildcats (26-6) were left out of both the NCAA and NIT tournaments, but accepted an invitation to play in the CollegeInsider.com tournament. WSU earned a first-round date Wednesday with Cal Poly (18-13) at the Dee Events Center at 7 p.m.
The Mustangs are led by Chris Eversley, a 6-foot-7 forward who averages team highs in points (15.8 ppg) and rebounds (7.1 ppg). This is the first time in 19 years of Division-1 basketball that Cal Poly has qualified for a postseason tournament. It's also the first meeting between the two schools.
All tournament games are played on campus sites, culminating with the championship April 2. The CIT doesn’t use a bracket format, but rather restructures matchups depending on the previous round. Weber State has the best record of any team in the tournament and the fourth-highest RPI.
Wildcats on the air
Cal Poly (18-13) at Weber State (26-6)
Wednesday, 7 p.m.
Ogden, Dee Events Center
Online video: watchcollegeinsider.com
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- Looking back: Ray Harroun wins 1st...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- Westbrook, Thunder put Warriors on brink of...
- 'Lost my way': Murray pushed to 5 sets again...
- USMNT: RSL's Beckerman starts, Timbers' Nagbe...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 152
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 51
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 31
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27