Weber State basketball: WSU enters CIT with best record of anyone in the field
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
OGDEN — Weber State’s season marches on.
The Wildcats (26-6) were left out of both the NCAA and NIT tournaments, but accepted an invitation to play in the CollegeInsider.com tournament. WSU earned a first-round date Wednesday with Cal Poly (18-13) at the Dee Events Center at 7 p.m.
The Mustangs are led by Chris Eversley, a 6-foot-7 forward who averages team highs in points (15.8 ppg) and rebounds (7.1 ppg). This is the first time in 19 years of Division-1 basketball that Cal Poly has qualified for a postseason tournament. It's also the first meeting between the two schools.
All tournament games are played on campus sites, culminating with the championship April 2. The CIT doesn’t use a bracket format, but rather restructures matchups depending on the previous round. Weber State has the best record of any team in the tournament and the fourth-highest RPI.
Wildcats on the air
Cal Poly (18-13) at Weber State (26-6)
Wednesday, 7 p.m.
Ogden, Dee Events Center
Online video: watchcollegeinsider.com
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35