Weber State basketball: WSU enters CIT with best record of anyone in the field
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
OGDEN — Weber State’s season marches on.
The Wildcats (26-6) were left out of both the NCAA and NIT tournaments, but accepted an invitation to play in the CollegeInsider.com tournament. WSU earned a first-round date Wednesday with Cal Poly (18-13) at the Dee Events Center at 7 p.m.
The Mustangs are led by Chris Eversley, a 6-foot-7 forward who averages team highs in points (15.8 ppg) and rebounds (7.1 ppg). This is the first time in 19 years of Division-1 basketball that Cal Poly has qualified for a postseason tournament. It's also the first meeting between the two schools.
All tournament games are played on campus sites, culminating with the championship April 2. The CIT doesn’t use a bracket format, but rather restructures matchups depending on the previous round. Weber State has the best record of any team in the tournament and the fourth-highest RPI.
Wildcats on the air
Cal Poly (18-13) at Weber State (26-6)
Wednesday, 7 p.m.
Ogden, Dee Events Center
Online video: watchcollegeinsider.com
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- Poll: Many Brazilians think Olympic Games...
- AP source: ACC, ESPN to launch ACC Network in...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 73
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 57
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Big 12 Media Days social roundup:... 49
- Annual instate college basketball... 37