UVU golf: Wolverines record top-10 finish at Entrada Classic
ST. GEORGE — The Utah Valley University women's golf team, behind a 15th-place finish from sophomore Brooke Bliss, placed 10th at the BYU at Entrada Classic on Tuesday.
Bliss, who graduated from St. George's Desert Hills High School, finished with a three-round total 229, including a season-best 75 in the second round of the tournament Monday.
UVU's Jordyn Dougal (82-78-76) shot the best round of the day for the Wolverines to finish in a tie for 40th, while Lynn-Marie Nagel, who shot a 74 in the second round Monday, finished in a tie for 45th.
The Top 10 finish was the Wolverines' second of the spring after placing ninth at The Lumberjack at Ocotillo in mid-February.
The Wolverines entered the day tied for 12th and moved up two spots after shooting a team-total 311 at Entrada at Snow Canyon Country Club.
The University of Wisconsin, behind tournament winner Kimberly Dinh (216) and teammate and runner-up Kris Yoo (217), won the tournament by six shots over the University of Minnesota.
The Wolverines return to action April 8-10 in Chandler, Ariz., at the Cowgirl Invitational hosted by the University of Wyoming.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24