UVU golf: Wolverines record top-10 finish at Entrada Classic
ST. GEORGE — The Utah Valley University women's golf team, behind a 15th-place finish from sophomore Brooke Bliss, placed 10th at the BYU at Entrada Classic on Tuesday.
Bliss, who graduated from St. George's Desert Hills High School, finished with a three-round total 229, including a season-best 75 in the second round of the tournament Monday.
UVU's Jordyn Dougal (82-78-76) shot the best round of the day for the Wolverines to finish in a tie for 40th, while Lynn-Marie Nagel, who shot a 74 in the second round Monday, finished in a tie for 45th.
The Top 10 finish was the Wolverines' second of the spring after placing ninth at The Lumberjack at Ocotillo in mid-February.
The Wolverines entered the day tied for 12th and moved up two spots after shooting a team-total 311 at Entrada at Snow Canyon Country Club.
The University of Wisconsin, behind tournament winner Kimberly Dinh (216) and teammate and runner-up Kris Yoo (217), won the tournament by six shots over the University of Minnesota.
The Wolverines return to action April 8-10 in Chandler, Ariz., at the Cowgirl Invitational hosted by the University of Wyoming.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 45
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 21
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 15
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 7