UVU golf: Wolverines record top-10 finish at Entrada Classic
ST. GEORGE — The Utah Valley University women's golf team, behind a 15th-place finish from sophomore Brooke Bliss, placed 10th at the BYU at Entrada Classic on Tuesday.
Bliss, who graduated from St. George's Desert Hills High School, finished with a three-round total 229, including a season-best 75 in the second round of the tournament Monday.
UVU's Jordyn Dougal (82-78-76) shot the best round of the day for the Wolverines to finish in a tie for 40th, while Lynn-Marie Nagel, who shot a 74 in the second round Monday, finished in a tie for 45th.
The Top 10 finish was the Wolverines' second of the spring after placing ninth at The Lumberjack at Ocotillo in mid-February.
The Wolverines entered the day tied for 12th and moved up two spots after shooting a team-total 311 at Entrada at Snow Canyon Country Club.
The University of Wisconsin, behind tournament winner Kimberly Dinh (216) and teammate and runner-up Kris Yoo (217), won the tournament by six shots over the University of Minnesota.
The Wolverines return to action April 8-10 in Chandler, Ariz., at the Cowgirl Invitational hosted by the University of Wyoming.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- BYU football: LB commit Jeremiah Ieremia says...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 291
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 57
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 44
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37