UVU golf: Wolverines record top-10 finish at Entrada Classic
ST. GEORGE — The Utah Valley University women's golf team, behind a 15th-place finish from sophomore Brooke Bliss, placed 10th at the BYU at Entrada Classic on Tuesday.
Bliss, who graduated from St. George's Desert Hills High School, finished with a three-round total 229, including a season-best 75 in the second round of the tournament Monday.
UVU's Jordyn Dougal (82-78-76) shot the best round of the day for the Wolverines to finish in a tie for 40th, while Lynn-Marie Nagel, who shot a 74 in the second round Monday, finished in a tie for 45th.
The Top 10 finish was the Wolverines' second of the spring after placing ninth at The Lumberjack at Ocotillo in mid-February.
The Wolverines entered the day tied for 12th and moved up two spots after shooting a team-total 311 at Entrada at Snow Canyon Country Club.
The University of Wisconsin, behind tournament winner Kimberly Dinh (216) and teammate and runner-up Kris Yoo (217), won the tournament by six shots over the University of Minnesota.
The Wolverines return to action April 8-10 in Chandler, Ariz., at the Cowgirl Invitational hosted by the University of Wyoming.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- LeBron James wins NBA Finals MVP for 3rd time
- NBC to unveil new theme song for 'Sunday...
- From Ben Simmons down, international players...
- Facing Argentina, Messi in Copa semis not...
- WNBA undefeated: Lynx host Sparks for 20th...
- Cleveland set to hold parade for NBA champion...
- Deseret News podcast: 2016 NBA draft preview
- A look at how freshmen have fared with NBA...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- BYU football receives commitment from... 62
- Utah football to host Weber State in 2021 41
- Kyle Whittingham says Utah Utes... 37
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- Jakob Poeltl to the Utah Jazz? It's... 25
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 23
- Morning links: Warriors feel Andrew... 22