UVU golf: Wolverines record top-10 finish at Entrada Classic
ST. GEORGE — The Utah Valley University women's golf team, behind a 15th-place finish from sophomore Brooke Bliss, placed 10th at the BYU at Entrada Classic on Tuesday.
Bliss, who graduated from St. George's Desert Hills High School, finished with a three-round total 229, including a season-best 75 in the second round of the tournament Monday.
UVU's Jordyn Dougal (82-78-76) shot the best round of the day for the Wolverines to finish in a tie for 40th, while Lynn-Marie Nagel, who shot a 74 in the second round Monday, finished in a tie for 45th.
The Top 10 finish was the Wolverines' second of the spring after placing ninth at The Lumberjack at Ocotillo in mid-February.
The Wolverines entered the day tied for 12th and moved up two spots after shooting a team-total 311 at Entrada at Snow Canyon Country Club.
The University of Wisconsin, behind tournament winner Kimberly Dinh (216) and teammate and runner-up Kris Yoo (217), won the tournament by six shots over the University of Minnesota.
The Wolverines return to action April 8-10 in Chandler, Ariz., at the Cowgirl Invitational hosted by the University of Wyoming.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33