With Kansas coming to play a four-game series at Miller Park, BYU’s baseball team knows “there’s no place like home.”
The Cougars (9-11) have a 2-1 mark at Larry H. Miller Field and play Kansas (13-6) starting Wednesday and Thursday at 6 p.m. Game time for Friday has been moved from 6 p.m. to 3 p.m. because of weather. Saturday’s game remains at 1 p.m.
“We are looking forward to finally being back on our own field,” BYU coach Mike Littlewood said. “Kansas is having a great year, so we know they will be a challenge.”
Wednesday’s starting pitcher for BYU is Desmond Poulson (2-0, 2.29), followed by Adam Miller (1-4, 4.45 on Thursday evening. The Cougar starter in Friday’s modified starting time is Jeff Barker (2-2, 4.33). The BYU starter for Saturday’s game is yet to be named.
BYU is the nation’s No. 1 team in turning double plays, but the Cougars have struggled in other areas as they got off to an 0-3 start on the road in the West Coast Conference. BYU had a 2-1 record in games earlier this year at Miller Park against No. 21 UC Irvine.
Kansas has a 2-1 record in the Big 12 Conference.
BYUtv and KOVO Radio 960 AM are scheduled to broadcast the last three tilts of the four-game series between BYU and Kansas.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Utah Jazz give key starters a break in 98-91...
- Booker-ing ram and broken dreams: Midseason...
- Amy Donaldson: Not deciding on a starting...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Utes continue Pac-12 'meat grinder' with...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25