With Kansas coming to play a four-game series at Miller Park, BYU’s baseball team knows “there’s no place like home.”
The Cougars (9-11) have a 2-1 mark at Larry H. Miller Field and play Kansas (13-6) starting Wednesday and Thursday at 6 p.m. Game time for Friday has been moved from 6 p.m. to 3 p.m. because of weather. Saturday’s game remains at 1 p.m.
“We are looking forward to finally being back on our own field,” BYU coach Mike Littlewood said. “Kansas is having a great year, so we know they will be a challenge.”
Wednesday’s starting pitcher for BYU is Desmond Poulson (2-0, 2.29), followed by Adam Miller (1-4, 4.45 on Thursday evening. The Cougar starter in Friday’s modified starting time is Jeff Barker (2-2, 4.33). The BYU starter for Saturday’s game is yet to be named.
BYU is the nation’s No. 1 team in turning double plays, but the Cougars have struggled in other areas as they got off to an 0-3 start on the road in the West Coast Conference. BYU had a 2-1 record in games earlier this year at Miller Park against No. 21 UC Irvine.
Kansas has a 2-1 record in the Big 12 Conference.
BYUtv and KOVO Radio 960 AM are scheduled to broadcast the last three tilts of the four-game series between BYU and Kansas.
Ralph R. Zobell has worked for BYU Athletic Media Relations in various capacities for over 30 years. You can view his bio at http://byucougars.com/staff/athletics/ralph-zobell or contact him at email@example.com.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34