Following a six-year stretch where the BYU men's basketball team made the NCAA Tournament, the Cougars are back in the NIT this season.
It's a tournament with which the program enjoys a rich history.
BYU's highlights in NIT play include two championships, tied for the fifth-most in history, trailing St. John's (6), Bradley (4), Dayton (3) and Michigan (3).
The Cougars also own a near-perfect home record in NIT play, having not lost in the Marriott Center in the postseason tournament since 1982.
BYU also boasts an NIT MVP, Roland Minson in 1951, and has had other players, like Dick Nemelka and Fred Roberts, make big contributions during the postseason tourney.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 125
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 76
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 52
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33