SALT LAKE CITY — The Lewis and Clark Blood Services Region of the American Red Cross is seeking volunteers.
Volunteer couriers are needed to help transport blood from collection sites to a processing center and from the center to local hospitals. Prospective drivers must have a valid Utah driver's license, be able to lift at least 45 pounds and be willing to make a commitment to serve for at least six months to one year. Driver's training is required and will be provided by the Red Cross. Evening and Saturday help are needed.
Donor ambassadors, volunteers who make blood donors feel welcome and appreciated and help keep blood drives organized, also are needed. Donor ambassadors also make sure donors eat, drink and rest for a few minutes, and then thank them for donating blood. Volunteers can work at Red Cross mobile blood drives at businesses, churches and schools, or at fixed sites in Salt Lake City, Orem or Layton.
Facilities maintenance is a new volunteer position in the region.
“If you know how to patch and paint walls, prepare and replace ceiling tiles, replace light bulbs and florescent tubes and like to work outdoors sometimes this, may be just the volunteer placement for you,” said Vickie Morgan, regional volunteer supervisor.
To volunteer or for more information, contact Morgan at 801-892-4011 or Vickie.Morgan@redcross.org.
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while lunging...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Deputies fish out 4 cars from Pineview Reservoir
- Chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia sufferers...
- 'They killed my son because he's black,'...
- 2 girls abducted in Bountiful escape in...
- Utah State Prison inmate dies following fight
- 'People don't talk about it,' recovering...
- 'They killed my son because he's... 76
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 57
- Utah makes final plea for Supreme Court... 53
- Taylorsville teacher injured after her... 47
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while... 41
- Do guns belong in the hands of... 39
- Grand America to pay $2M fine for... 24
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain... 16