SALT LAKE CITY — The Lewis and Clark Blood Services Region of the American Red Cross is seeking volunteers.
Volunteer couriers are needed to help transport blood from collection sites to a processing center and from the center to local hospitals. Prospective drivers must have a valid Utah driver's license, be able to lift at least 45 pounds and be willing to make a commitment to serve for at least six months to one year. Driver's training is required and will be provided by the Red Cross. Evening and Saturday help are needed.
Donor ambassadors, volunteers who make blood donors feel welcome and appreciated and help keep blood drives organized, also are needed. Donor ambassadors also make sure donors eat, drink and rest for a few minutes, and then thank them for donating blood. Volunteers can work at Red Cross mobile blood drives at businesses, churches and schools, or at fixed sites in Salt Lake City, Orem or Layton.
Facilities maintenance is a new volunteer position in the region.
“If you know how to patch and paint walls, prepare and replace ceiling tiles, replace light bulbs and florescent tubes and like to work outdoors sometimes this, may be just the volunteer placement for you,” said Vickie Morgan, regional volunteer supervisor.
To volunteer or for more information, contact Morgan at 801-892-4011 or Vickie.Morgan@redcross.org.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held on $6...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- Utahns stay out late to see lunar eclipse
- Southern Utah left wanting for water
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 54
- Police nab man suspected of gropings at... 31
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Lawmakers to BLM: Sending seized Nevada... 22