SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Green, the outreach arm of the city's sustainability division, has released "Sustainable Salt Lake City — Plan 2015," a document that serves as a roadmap for how to enhance the sustainability, livability and resilience of the community.
The plan can be viewed on the city's website at www.slcgov.com/slcgreen/sustainableslc2015.
The comprehensive plan outlines goals and strategies to achieve increased community sustainability, social justice and neighborhood and downtown vitality by the end of Mayor Ralph Becker’s second term in 2015. City departments will track appropriate metrics to show progress toward accomplishing their goals.
Salt Lake City was recently featured in Bill Moyers’ “Top 12 Cities Leading the Way in Sustainability" list. The ranking listed the top 12 American cities with innovative sustainability initiatives. Salt Lake City was ranked eighth.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- Southern Utah left wanting for water
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 95
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 36
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23