SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Green, the outreach arm of the city's sustainability division, has released "Sustainable Salt Lake City — Plan 2015," a document that serves as a roadmap for how to enhance the sustainability, livability and resilience of the community.
The plan can be viewed on the city's website at www.slcgov.com/slcgreen/sustainableslc2015.
The comprehensive plan outlines goals and strategies to achieve increased community sustainability, social justice and neighborhood and downtown vitality by the end of Mayor Ralph Becker’s second term in 2015. City departments will track appropriate metrics to show progress toward accomplishing their goals.
Salt Lake City was recently featured in Bill Moyers’ “Top 12 Cities Leading the Way in Sustainability" list. The ranking listed the top 12 American cities with innovative sustainability initiatives. Salt Lake City was ranked eighth.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15