SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Green, the outreach arm of the city's sustainability division, has released "Sustainable Salt Lake City — Plan 2015," a document that serves as a roadmap for how to enhance the sustainability, livability and resilience of the community.
The plan can be viewed on the city's website at www.slcgov.com/slcgreen/sustainableslc2015.
The comprehensive plan outlines goals and strategies to achieve increased community sustainability, social justice and neighborhood and downtown vitality by the end of Mayor Ralph Becker’s second term in 2015. City departments will track appropriate metrics to show progress toward accomplishing their goals.
Salt Lake City was recently featured in Bill Moyers’ “Top 12 Cities Leading the Way in Sustainability" list. The ranking listed the top 12 American cities with innovative sustainability initiatives. Salt Lake City was ranked eighth.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 53
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 24
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15