SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Green, the outreach arm of the city's sustainability division, has released "Sustainable Salt Lake City — Plan 2015," a document that serves as a roadmap for how to enhance the sustainability, livability and resilience of the community.
The plan can be viewed on the city's website at www.slcgov.com/slcgreen/sustainableslc2015.
The comprehensive plan outlines goals and strategies to achieve increased community sustainability, social justice and neighborhood and downtown vitality by the end of Mayor Ralph Becker’s second term in 2015. City departments will track appropriate metrics to show progress toward accomplishing their goals.
Salt Lake City was recently featured in Bill Moyers’ “Top 12 Cities Leading the Way in Sustainability" list. The ranking listed the top 12 American cities with innovative sustainability initiatives. Salt Lake City was ranked eighth.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16