SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Green, the outreach arm of the city's sustainability division, has released "Sustainable Salt Lake City — Plan 2015," a document that serves as a roadmap for how to enhance the sustainability, livability and resilience of the community.
The plan can be viewed on the city's website at www.slcgov.com/slcgreen/sustainableslc2015.
The comprehensive plan outlines goals and strategies to achieve increased community sustainability, social justice and neighborhood and downtown vitality by the end of Mayor Ralph Becker’s second term in 2015. City departments will track appropriate metrics to show progress toward accomplishing their goals.
Salt Lake City was recently featured in Bill Moyers’ “Top 12 Cities Leading the Way in Sustainability" list. The ranking listed the top 12 American cities with innovative sustainability initiatives. Salt Lake City was ranked eighth.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama administration...
- Vehicle hits, kills man assessing his crashed...
- UTA hikes fees for public records
- Cedar City man sent to prison for aiding in...
- ACLU skirmishes with local genetic testing...
- 5 memorable ways to pamper your family this...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 107
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 19
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 14
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8