PARK CITY — The Winter Sports School's board of trustees has named Dave Kaufman as head of school.
Kaufman, who currently serves as assistant head of school, will be taking over for Rob Clayton, who recently accepted the position of executive director at the Sun Valley Ski Education Foundation.
The Winter Sports School recently launched an initiative to become a Utah charter.
"We've cleared the first hurdle," Kaufman said. "We've been recommended for approval by the Utah State Charter Board. We're now working toward final approval by the Utah State Office of Education in early April, and then raising the funds necessary to build a new facility capable of meeting our anticipated growth as a tuition-free state school."
Kaufman has been with the Winter Sports School for the past five years. He was a marketing manager at Intel Corp. in Santa Clara, Calif., for 10 years prior to that.
The Winter Sports School will begin its 20th year of classes on April 15. The school provides a college preparatory academic program for grades nine through 12. Classes are held mid-April through mid-November, giving students time during winter months to train and compete in winter sports disciplines.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- West Jordan, Murray residents search for...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22