PARK CITY — The Winter Sports School's board of trustees has named Dave Kaufman as head of school.
Kaufman, who currently serves as assistant head of school, will be taking over for Rob Clayton, who recently accepted the position of executive director at the Sun Valley Ski Education Foundation.
The Winter Sports School recently launched an initiative to become a Utah charter.
"We've cleared the first hurdle," Kaufman said. "We've been recommended for approval by the Utah State Charter Board. We're now working toward final approval by the Utah State Office of Education in early April, and then raising the funds necessary to build a new facility capable of meeting our anticipated growth as a tuition-free state school."
Kaufman has been with the Winter Sports School for the past five years. He was a marketing manager at Intel Corp. in Santa Clara, Calif., for 10 years prior to that.
The Winter Sports School will begin its 20th year of classes on April 15. The school provides a college preparatory academic program for grades nine through 12. Classes are held mid-April through mid-November, giving students time during winter months to train and compete in winter sports disciplines.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- California man drove to Vernal for sex with...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12