PARK CITY — The Winter Sports School's board of trustees has named Dave Kaufman as head of school.
Kaufman, who currently serves as assistant head of school, will be taking over for Rob Clayton, who recently accepted the position of executive director at the Sun Valley Ski Education Foundation.
The Winter Sports School recently launched an initiative to become a Utah charter.
"We've cleared the first hurdle," Kaufman said. "We've been recommended for approval by the Utah State Charter Board. We're now working toward final approval by the Utah State Office of Education in early April, and then raising the funds necessary to build a new facility capable of meeting our anticipated growth as a tuition-free state school."
Kaufman has been with the Winter Sports School for the past five years. He was a marketing manager at Intel Corp. in Santa Clara, Calif., for 10 years prior to that.
The Winter Sports School will begin its 20th year of classes on April 15. The school provides a college preparatory academic program for grades nine through 12. Classes are held mid-April through mid-November, giving students time during winter months to train and compete in winter sports disciplines.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7