SALT LAKE CITY — The 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the juvenile court. The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Frederic M. Oddone, effective April 16.
The 3rd Judicial District includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties. The nominees for the vacancy are: Steven K. Beck, deputy district attorney, Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office; Susan Eisenman, assistant attorney general, Office of the Utah Attorney General; Renee M. Jimenez, assistant attorney general, Office of the Utah Attorney General; Tracy S. Mills, attorney, Office of the Guardian ad Litem; and Brent J. Newton, attorney, Office of the Guardian ad Litem.
Written comments can be submitted to 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairwoman Deirdre Straight at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330. The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. March 28.
The nominating commission may request further information or conduct an investigation of the nominees after reviewing public comments. After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. The appointee is then subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 80
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12