SALT LAKE CITY — The 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the juvenile court. The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Frederic M. Oddone, effective April 16.
The 3rd Judicial District includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties. The nominees for the vacancy are: Steven K. Beck, deputy district attorney, Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office; Susan Eisenman, assistant attorney general, Office of the Utah Attorney General; Renee M. Jimenez, assistant attorney general, Office of the Utah Attorney General; Tracy S. Mills, attorney, Office of the Guardian ad Litem; and Brent J. Newton, attorney, Office of the Guardian ad Litem.
Written comments can be submitted to 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairwoman Deirdre Straight at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330. The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. March 28.
The nominating commission may request further information or conduct an investigation of the nominees after reviewing public comments. After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. The appointee is then subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- Argument, break-up threats preceded double...
- Sandy man beat woman, tried to put her in an...
- 10 Utahns charged in alleged identity theft...
- 15 moments many Utahns will never forget
- Top 10 best road trip spots (and photo...
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy...
- Lane splits on I-15 near Point of the Mountain
- UVU hopes to become 'national leader' with...
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 57
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Utah's same-sex marriage supporters... 30
- Father, son used LDS Church membership... 27
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 24
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13
- Hatch plays key role in Senate passing... 12