SALT LAKE CITY — The 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the juvenile court. The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Frederic M. Oddone, effective April 16.
The 3rd Judicial District includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties. The nominees for the vacancy are: Steven K. Beck, deputy district attorney, Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office; Susan Eisenman, assistant attorney general, Office of the Utah Attorney General; Renee M. Jimenez, assistant attorney general, Office of the Utah Attorney General; Tracy S. Mills, attorney, Office of the Guardian ad Litem; and Brent J. Newton, attorney, Office of the Guardian ad Litem.
Written comments can be submitted to 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairwoman Deirdre Straight at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330. The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. March 28.
The nominating commission may request further information or conduct an investigation of the nominees after reviewing public comments. After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. The appointee is then subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 18
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10