SALT LAKE CITY — The 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the juvenile court. The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Frederic M. Oddone, effective April 16.
The 3rd Judicial District includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties. The nominees for the vacancy are: Steven K. Beck, deputy district attorney, Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office; Susan Eisenman, assistant attorney general, Office of the Utah Attorney General; Renee M. Jimenez, assistant attorney general, Office of the Utah Attorney General; Tracy S. Mills, attorney, Office of the Guardian ad Litem; and Brent J. Newton, attorney, Office of the Guardian ad Litem.
Written comments can be submitted to 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairwoman Deirdre Straight at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330. The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. March 28.
The nominating commission may request further information or conduct an investigation of the nominees after reviewing public comments. After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. The appointee is then subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Family 'shocked' over Taylorsville woman's death
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 28
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 18
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 13