SALT LAKE CITY — The 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the juvenile court. The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Frederic M. Oddone, effective April 16.
The 3rd Judicial District includes Salt Lake, Summit and Tooele counties. The nominees for the vacancy are: Steven K. Beck, deputy district attorney, Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office; Susan Eisenman, assistant attorney general, Office of the Utah Attorney General; Renee M. Jimenez, assistant attorney general, Office of the Utah Attorney General; Tracy S. Mills, attorney, Office of the Guardian ad Litem; and Brent J. Newton, attorney, Office of the Guardian ad Litem.
Written comments can be submitted to 3rd District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairwoman Deirdre Straight at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330. The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. March 28.
The nominating commission may request further information or conduct an investigation of the nominees after reviewing public comments. After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. The appointee is then subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- Former Jazzman Thurl Bailey named ambassador...
- Utah State runner Brittany Fisher gaining...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 41
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- S.L. draws up airport plans 18
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 16
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 14
- Utah facing $1.2 billion-dollar water... 11