SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah will present its annual celebration of Women's Week March 25-29.
The theme for this year’s celebration is “Learning Through Giving: Mentoring Young Women,” featuring a keynote address by University of Virginia Curry School of Education professor Edith Lawrence. Her address will take place from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday, March 28, in the Saltair Room at the student Oplin Union building.
During her keynote address, Lawrence will discuss how effective mentoring can ameliorate societal inequities that women face by drawing on years of work and research within her Young Women Leaders Program. Lawrence's research focuses on investigating the effects of mentoring on early adolescent girls and on college women’s social and academic outcomes, including ways to improve mentoring experiences for both populations.
Additional Women’s Week events taking place at the University of Utah include a multimedia performance, a film screening, campus and community panel discussions, a mentoring dialogue and a community march. For more information, visit www.diversity.utah.edu or call 801-581-4250.
- University of Utah entrepreneurship program...
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in new...
- Financial interventions don't work
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching dollars...
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs
- Stericycle critics: Shut it down now
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...
- Cities to celebrate completion of S-Line...
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in... 5
- Financial interventions don't work 5
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- GM expert says 19 deaths eligible for... 1
- US current account deficit dips to... 1
- University of Utah entrepreneurship... 1