SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah will present its annual celebration of Women's Week March 25-29.
The theme for this year’s celebration is “Learning Through Giving: Mentoring Young Women,” featuring a keynote address by University of Virginia Curry School of Education professor Edith Lawrence. Her address will take place from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday, March 28, in the Saltair Room at the student Oplin Union building.
During her keynote address, Lawrence will discuss how effective mentoring can ameliorate societal inequities that women face by drawing on years of work and research within her Young Women Leaders Program. Lawrence's research focuses on investigating the effects of mentoring on early adolescent girls and on college women’s social and academic outcomes, including ways to improve mentoring experiences for both populations.
Additional Women’s Week events taking place at the University of Utah include a multimedia performance, a film screening, campus and community panel discussions, a mentoring dialogue and a community march. For more information, visit www.diversity.utah.edu or call 801-581-4250.
- Ground to be broken Thursday afternoon for...
- Magazine honors fastest-growing Utah companies
- Walmart to cease sales of semiautomatic rifles
- Delta to offer nonstop flights from Salt Lake...
- Why China's market slump is good news for...
- Contact lens makers take fight over price law...
- Elected officials, business leaders campaign...
- Dave Ramsey says: Dave Ramsey: Use good...
- US stocks pare losses after 1,000-point... 15
- 'A war on talent': Jobless rate at 3.6... 15
- Walmart to cease sales of semiautomatic... 12
- Utahns want diverse housing,... 9
- Teens are shopping more like their... 6
- Ground to be broken Thursday afternoon... 5
- Cheating site Ashley Madison offers... 3
- Why you don't need to panic about... 3