SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah will present its annual celebration of Women's Week March 25-29.
The theme for this year’s celebration is “Learning Through Giving: Mentoring Young Women,” featuring a keynote address by University of Virginia Curry School of Education professor Edith Lawrence. Her address will take place from noon to 1 p.m. Thursday, March 28, in the Saltair Room at the student Oplin Union building.
During her keynote address, Lawrence will discuss how effective mentoring can ameliorate societal inequities that women face by drawing on years of work and research within her Young Women Leaders Program. Lawrence's research focuses on investigating the effects of mentoring on early adolescent girls and on college women’s social and academic outcomes, including ways to improve mentoring experiences for both populations.
Additional Women’s Week events taking place at the University of Utah include a multimedia performance, a film screening, campus and community panel discussions, a mentoring dialogue and a community march. For more information, visit www.diversity.utah.edu or call 801-581-4250.
- Fewer breezes led to less wind power... 11
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson could... 8
- Gov. Herbert met with lobbyists to ask... 6
- US economy struggles at start of... 3
- Democratic A.G. candidate says Reyes... 3
- FBI says it won't disclose how it... 2
- How much did people spend on cars the... 2
- US consumer confidence slips in April 1