SALT LAKE CITY — The Les Olson Co. board of directors and shareholders recently announced the appointment of James Olson as co-CEO of the company.
James Olson, a 22-year veteran of the office equipment dealer and third-generation Olson, will work closely with Jim Olson, current CEO and chairman of the board, and Troy Olson, president of Les Olson Co. and a third-generation owner, in managing the company's day-to-day operations.
James Olson, who recently served as executive vice president of corporate service, is the grandson of Les Olson, who founded the business in 1956.
"James possesses exceptional leadership skills coupled with years of experience and financial expertise, which are critical to the organization," Jim Olson said. "These qualities will be instrumental in the planning, execution and operation of the company as he helps lead it into the future."
According to Jim Olson, plans have been established to ensure the company's lasting success as a Utah-based, family-owned and operated business. Currently, Les Olson Co. has seven fourth-generation employees working at the company, along with many non-family members who have also assumed key leadership positions in the company.
- What 'The Office' teaches us about job...
- Syracuse man develops router to keep Internet...
- Gillette company does work for NASA
- Salt Lake City to become next Google Fiber city
- UTA board approves new pay plan for...
- Internet outages reveal gaps in US broadband...
- FDA to scrutinize unproven alternative remedies
- UDOT campaigning to reduce work zone crashes
- Salt Lake City to become next Google... 17
- UTA board approves new pay plan for... 11
- Why you should begin planning for... 9
- AP Investigation: Slavery taints global... 6
- Oil council: Shale won't last, Arctic... 3
- The middle class has had a rough couple... 2
- Stericycle medical waste incinerator... 2
- For business, more women in charge... 1