'Harry Potter' star Emma Watson tweets about '50 Shades of Grey' rumors
"Harry Potter" star Emma Watson cleared up any questions about her potential involvement in an upcoming movie when she took to Twitter this weekend.
Since the announcement of the movie production of E.L James' erotic New York Times best-seller, "Fifty Shades of Grey," rumors have spread that Watson will be considered for a leading role in the film.
Although nothing official has been announced, there apparently was enough talk about it to push Watson to set everyone straight. Saturday night, Watson tweeted, "Who here actually thinks I would do 50 Shades of Grey as a movie? Like really. For real. In real life."
Later on, Watson stated she was glad things were cleared up. But this wasn't the first time Watson has been bold in her opinions regarding her standards and what she will or will not do. In 2009, Watson expressed her distaste for the Hollywood ideal.
"I find the whole concept of being ‘sexy’ embarrassing and confusing," Watson told the Daily Mail. "If I do a photo-shoot people desperately want to change me — dye my hair blonder, pluck my eyebrows, give me a fringe. Then there’s the choice of clothes. I know everyone wants a picture of me in a mini-skirt. But that’s not me. I feel uncomfortable. I’d never go out in a mini-skirt. It’s nothing to do with protecting the Hermione image. I wouldn’t do that."
Watson continued to explain her reasons for the decisions she has made regarding her appearance.
"My idea of sexy is that less is more," Watson said during the interview. "The less you reveal the more people can wonder."
Her quote has flooded Pinterest and other social media sites, as her idea of beauty is far from the message Hollywood so often portrays.
Yet critics of Watson have recently pointed out the questionable role Watson has recently accepted in the new film "The Bling Ring."
After reviewing the first trailer for "The Bling Ring," The Daily Mail stated, "Emma Watson has magically abandoned her good girl image by replacing it with a rebellious woman who knows how to get attention."
The trailer reveals Watson dancing seductively in clubs while playing the role of the ringleader in a club of thieves. The film is based on the group of L.A. criminals who would break into celebrities homes such as Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan in order to steal clothing, jewelry, electronics and more.
"The Bling Ring" and "Fifty Shade of Grey" are both currently not rated.
Sarah Sanders Petersen is an intern for Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and other feature articles. She is a communications major and editing minor from Brigham Young University.
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- 42 ways to make your kids feel absolutely loved
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Woman's happiness most important to having a...
- The Clean Cut: Military father surprises...
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite again for...
- The economy has begun to recover, but... 24
- Things that changed my view of marriage... 19
- The changing definition of 'TV': What... 13
- Should I stay or should I go? How faith... 9
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite... 9
- 42 ways to make your kids feel... 7
- How net neutrality impacts online news... 6
- Woman's happiness most important to... 5