ST. GEORGE - The Utah Valley University women's golf team is sitting in 12th place after the first two rounds of the BYU at Entrada Classic Monday.
After the morning round, the Wolverines were in 14th place, but they were 18 shots better in the second round and jumped two spots heading into Tuesday's final round.
UVU's Brooke Bliss, who graduated from St. George's Desert Hills High School, shot rounds of 76-75 and is tied for 12th.
After shooting an opening-round 85, Lynn-Marie Nagel shot a 2-over-74 and is in 46th place, while Jordyn Dougal (82-78) is tied for 47th.
The University of Wisconsin (589) leads the tournament by 11 shots over Minnesota behind tournament leader Kimberly Dinh, who shot a 2-under par, and teammate Kris Yoo, who is 1-under par.
Heather Mathison (83-82) and Kalea Heu (85-81) round out the field for Utah Vallley and are tied for 65th and 68th, respectively.
The final round gets underway at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
The tournament is being contested at Entrada at Snow Canyon Country Club.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 125
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 80
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 58
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 52
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33