ST. GEORGE - The Utah Valley University women's golf team is sitting in 12th place after the first two rounds of the BYU at Entrada Classic Monday.
After the morning round, the Wolverines were in 14th place, but they were 18 shots better in the second round and jumped two spots heading into Tuesday's final round.
UVU's Brooke Bliss, who graduated from St. George's Desert Hills High School, shot rounds of 76-75 and is tied for 12th.
After shooting an opening-round 85, Lynn-Marie Nagel shot a 2-over-74 and is in 46th place, while Jordyn Dougal (82-78) is tied for 47th.
The University of Wisconsin (589) leads the tournament by 11 shots over Minnesota behind tournament leader Kimberly Dinh, who shot a 2-under par, and teammate Kris Yoo, who is 1-under par.
Heather Mathison (83-82) and Kalea Heu (85-81) round out the field for Utah Vallley and are tied for 65th and 68th, respectively.
The final round gets underway at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
The tournament is being contested at Entrada at Snow Canyon Country Club.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Ute recruit Tyler Huntley posting huge...
- Felt's Facts: Breaking down the Utah high...
- Underrated East Carolina will test BYU's defense
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19