ST. GEORGE - The Utah Valley University women's golf team is sitting in 12th place after the first two rounds of the BYU at Entrada Classic Monday.
After the morning round, the Wolverines were in 14th place, but they were 18 shots better in the second round and jumped two spots heading into Tuesday's final round.
UVU's Brooke Bliss, who graduated from St. George's Desert Hills High School, shot rounds of 76-75 and is tied for 12th.
After shooting an opening-round 85, Lynn-Marie Nagel shot a 2-over-74 and is in 46th place, while Jordyn Dougal (82-78) is tied for 47th.
The University of Wisconsin (589) leads the tournament by 11 shots over Minnesota behind tournament leader Kimberly Dinh, who shot a 2-under par, and teammate Kris Yoo, who is 1-under par.
Heather Mathison (83-82) and Kalea Heu (85-81) round out the field for Utah Vallley and are tied for 65th and 68th, respectively.
The final round gets underway at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
The tournament is being contested at Entrada at Snow Canyon Country Club.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond): Lillard...
- A Super Bowl 1st-timer, Utah native Sealver...
- Utah secures commitments from two of Utah...
- Morning links: Urban Meyer returns to Utah...
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball, slow down
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 58
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 41
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 34
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 32
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 28
- Utes get it done at home again 21