ST. GEORGE - The Utah Valley University women's golf team is sitting in 12th place after the first two rounds of the BYU at Entrada Classic Monday.
After the morning round, the Wolverines were in 14th place, but they were 18 shots better in the second round and jumped two spots heading into Tuesday's final round.
UVU's Brooke Bliss, who graduated from St. George's Desert Hills High School, shot rounds of 76-75 and is tied for 12th.
After shooting an opening-round 85, Lynn-Marie Nagel shot a 2-over-74 and is in 46th place, while Jordyn Dougal (82-78) is tied for 47th.
The University of Wisconsin (589) leads the tournament by 11 shots over Minnesota behind tournament leader Kimberly Dinh, who shot a 2-under par, and teammate Kris Yoo, who is 1-under par.
Heather Mathison (83-82) and Kalea Heu (85-81) round out the field for Utah Vallley and are tied for 65th and 68th, respectively.
The final round gets underway at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
The tournament is being contested at Entrada at Snow Canyon Country Club.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Utah basketball team makes it a doubly-good...
- Dick Harmon: Execution, not words, will crown...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 50
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 24