ST. GEORGE - The Utah Valley University women's golf team is sitting in 12th place after the first two rounds of the BYU at Entrada Classic Monday.
After the morning round, the Wolverines were in 14th place, but they were 18 shots better in the second round and jumped two spots heading into Tuesday's final round.
UVU's Brooke Bliss, who graduated from St. George's Desert Hills High School, shot rounds of 76-75 and is tied for 12th.
After shooting an opening-round 85, Lynn-Marie Nagel shot a 2-over-74 and is in 46th place, while Jordyn Dougal (82-78) is tied for 47th.
The University of Wisconsin (589) leads the tournament by 11 shots over Minnesota behind tournament leader Kimberly Dinh, who shot a 2-under par, and teammate Kris Yoo, who is 1-under par.
Heather Mathison (83-82) and Kalea Heu (85-81) round out the field for Utah Vallley and are tied for 65th and 68th, respectively.
The final round gets underway at 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
The tournament is being contested at Entrada at Snow Canyon Country Club.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah Jazz: Better game but same losing result...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Prognosticating, for fun, a bright BYU...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 102
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 71
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 60
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 52
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34