High school boys Soccer: St. Joseph Jayhawks hand Summit Academy its first loss
OGDEN – The Jayhawks took their 1-1-2 record into competition Monday as the undefeated Summit Academy Falcons visited St. Joseph in 2A Central soccer action.
When the dust settled, the Jayhawks handed the Falcons their first loss of the season, 3-1.
The pitch seemed tilted in the Jayhawks' favor as a majority of the first half was played in the Jayhawks' offensive end.
Adam Broadstein started the scoring with a shot from the top of the 18-yard box midway through the first half. At the half St. Joseph led 1-nil.
The Falcons came out of the break with renewed energy but were unable to capitalize on an extended offensive push.
St. Joseph regained control when David Donlevy beat the Falcon goalkeeper to make it 2–nil Jayhawks. Donlevy added another tally later in the second half.
Both teams resume play Wednesday as St. Joseph travels to Wendover, while the Falcons host Waterford Academy.
Gary Czenkus is an Air Force veteran and graduate of the University of Nebraska. EMAIL: email@example.com
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Utah Jazz: Better game but same losing result...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- Utah Jazz: Derrick Favors, Marvin Williams...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 100
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 52
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 48
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 44
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 35
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 28