High school boys Soccer: St. Joseph Jayhawks hand Summit Academy its first loss
OGDEN – The Jayhawks took their 1-1-2 record into competition Monday as the undefeated Summit Academy Falcons visited St. Joseph in 2A Central soccer action.
When the dust settled, the Jayhawks handed the Falcons their first loss of the season, 3-1.
The pitch seemed tilted in the Jayhawks' favor as a majority of the first half was played in the Jayhawks' offensive end.
Adam Broadstein started the scoring with a shot from the top of the 18-yard box midway through the first half. At the half St. Joseph led 1-nil.
The Falcons came out of the break with renewed energy but were unable to capitalize on an extended offensive push.
St. Joseph regained control when David Donlevy beat the Falcon goalkeeper to make it 2–nil Jayhawks. Donlevy added another tally later in the second half.
Both teams resume play Wednesday as St. Joseph travels to Wendover, while the Falcons host Waterford Academy.
Gary Czenkus is an Air Force veteran and graduate of the University of Nebraska. EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 67
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28