High school boys Soccer: St. Joseph Jayhawks hand Summit Academy its first loss
OGDEN – The Jayhawks took their 1-1-2 record into competition Monday as the undefeated Summit Academy Falcons visited St. Joseph in 2A Central soccer action.
When the dust settled, the Jayhawks handed the Falcons their first loss of the season, 3-1.
The pitch seemed tilted in the Jayhawks' favor as a majority of the first half was played in the Jayhawks' offensive end.
Adam Broadstein started the scoring with a shot from the top of the 18-yard box midway through the first half. At the half St. Joseph led 1-nil.
The Falcons came out of the break with renewed energy but were unable to capitalize on an extended offensive push.
St. Joseph regained control when David Donlevy beat the Falcon goalkeeper to make it 2–nil Jayhawks. Donlevy added another tally later in the second half.
Both teams resume play Wednesday as St. Joseph travels to Wendover, while the Falcons host Waterford Academy.
Gary Czenkus is an Air Force veteran and graduate of the University of Nebraska. EMAIL: email@example.com
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Former Ute center Dallin Bachynski impresses...
- Salt Lake Olympic scandal 'set a precedent'...
- New Lone Peak basketball coach David Evans...
- Utah Jazz: Fate turned former walk-on, NCAA...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 82
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 49
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 48
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 23
- Morning links: BYU and Utah have games... 21
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 13
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8