High school boys Soccer: St. Joseph Jayhawks hand Summit Academy its first loss
OGDEN – The Jayhawks took their 1-1-2 record into competition Monday as the undefeated Summit Academy Falcons visited St. Joseph in 2A Central soccer action.
When the dust settled, the Jayhawks handed the Falcons their first loss of the season, 3-1.
The pitch seemed tilted in the Jayhawks' favor as a majority of the first half was played in the Jayhawks' offensive end.
Adam Broadstein started the scoring with a shot from the top of the 18-yard box midway through the first half. At the half St. Joseph led 1-nil.
The Falcons came out of the break with renewed energy but were unable to capitalize on an extended offensive push.
St. Joseph regained control when David Donlevy beat the Falcon goalkeeper to make it 2–nil Jayhawks. Donlevy added another tally later in the second half.
Both teams resume play Wednesday as St. Joseph travels to Wendover, while the Falcons host Waterford Academy.
Gary Czenkus is an Air Force veteran and graduate of the University of Nebraska. EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- Cougars looking for special season with...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- BYU football: Ranking the most important...
- BYU football: Receiver Nick Kurtz poised for...
- Dick Harmon: How much swagger BYU finds after...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 84
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 62
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 31
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 28
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 26
- Morning links: Can Cougars snap... 25