High school boys Soccer: St. Joseph Jayhawks hand Summit Academy its first loss
OGDEN – The Jayhawks took their 1-1-2 record into competition Monday as the undefeated Summit Academy Falcons visited St. Joseph in 2A Central soccer action.
When the dust settled, the Jayhawks handed the Falcons their first loss of the season, 3-1.
The pitch seemed tilted in the Jayhawks' favor as a majority of the first half was played in the Jayhawks' offensive end.
Adam Broadstein started the scoring with a shot from the top of the 18-yard box midway through the first half. At the half St. Joseph led 1-nil.
The Falcons came out of the break with renewed energy but were unable to capitalize on an extended offensive push.
St. Joseph regained control when David Donlevy beat the Falcon goalkeeper to make it 2–nil Jayhawks. Donlevy added another tally later in the second half.
Both teams resume play Wednesday as St. Joseph travels to Wendover, while the Falcons host Waterford Academy.
Gary Czenkus is an Air Force veteran and graduate of the University of Nebraska. EMAIL: email@example.com
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 20
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19