Under the direction of first-year head coach Matt Wells, Utah State football will begin spring practice on Tuesday, March 19, in the Stan Laub Indoor Football Complex at 6:15 a.m.
During the four-week period, the Aggies will participate in 15 spring practice sessions, culminating in the annual Blue vs. White Spring Game on Saturday, April 20, on Merlin Olsen Field at Romney Stadium at 2 p.m.
Utah State returns 18 starters (O-8, D-7, S-3) and 49 letterwinners (O-23, D-22, S-4) from last year's 11-2 Western Athletic Conference and Famous Idaho Potato Bowl Championship team that ended the year ranked 16th in the final Associated Press Poll and 22nd in the final Bowl Championship Series Standings.
Among those returning for Utah State include 10 players who earned various all-WAC accolades a year ago as senior linebacker Jake Doughty, sophomore linebacker Kyler Fackrell, junior quarterback Chuckie Keeton, senior offensive center Tyler Larsen and senior offensive tackle Eric Schultz — all named to the first-team. Senior cornerback Nevin Lawson, senior offensive guard Jamie Markosian, sophomore defensive tackle Jordan Nielsen and junior linebacker Zach Vigil were all named to the second-team, and senior defensive tackle Connor Williams was named to the honorable mention team.
All practices are open to the public, with morning practices scheduled from 6:15-8:15 a.m. at the Stan Laub Indoor Football Complex. Afternoon practices are scheduled from 3:15-5:15 p.m. at Merlin Olsen Field at Romney Stadium.
Utah State Football 2013 Spring Practice Dates
Tues, March 19 - 6:15 - 8:15 a.m. - No Pads
Wed., March 20 - 6:15 - 8:15 a.m. - No Pads
Thur., March 21 - 3:15 - 5:15 p.m.
Mon., March 25 - 6:15 - 8:15 a.m.
Wed., March 27 - 6:15 - 8:15 a.m.
Thur., March 28 - 3:15 - 5:15 p.m. - Scrimmage
Mon., April 1 - 6:15 - 8:15 a.m.
Wed., April 3 - 6:15 - 8:15 a.m.
Thur., April 4 - 3:15 - 5:15 p.m.
Mon., April 8 - 6:15 - 8:15 a.m.
Wed., April 10 - 6:15 - 8:15 a.m.
Thur., April 11 - 3:15 - 5:15 p.m. - Scrimmage
Mon., April 15 - 6:15 - 8:15 a.m.
Wed., April 17 - 6:15 - 8:15 a.m. - No Pads
Saturday, April 20 -2 p.m. - Blue vs. White Spring Game
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Dick Harmon: Execution, not words, will crown...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Utah basketball team makes it a doubly-good...
- Utah State caps historic season with win over...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 48
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 40
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28