Utah Jazz highlights: Jazz defeated by New York Knicks, 90-83, Jazz nation responds on Twitter
The Utah Jazz had 17 turnovers, 14 in the first half, as they fell to a home defeat against the New York Knicks Monday night.
The Knicks led for most of the first half, but the Jazz went on an 8-0 run at the end of the second quarter, capped by a Mo Williams jumper at the buzzer to give Utah the halftime lead, 44-42.
However, the Jazz could not keep up the momentum in the second half, and ultimately fell to a costly defeat. The Jazz had been shooting 52 percent at halftime, but by the end of the game this had dropped to just 38 percent.
Gordon Hayward topped the Utah scoring with 17 points.
The Knicks defeated the Jazz in the reverse fixture on March 9 this year, capping a miserable 0-4 road trip for the Jazz. However, since that fixture, the Knicks had started a losing streak of their own, losing their last four games on the road.
This is the first win for the Knicks in six games in Utah, stretching back to 2005.
The Jazz will be disappointed with this loss, as the Lakers were also defeated by the Phoenix Suns earlier on Monday night. Utah now stands at 34-33 for the season.
Check below for some of the tweets of the night as Jazz nation reacts to a tough loss.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- BYU Cougars happy to have Saturday afternoon...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32