Utah Jazz highlights: Jazz defeated by New York Knicks, 90-83, Jazz nation responds on Twitter
The Utah Jazz had 17 turnovers, 14 in the first half, as they fell to a home defeat against the New York Knicks Monday night.
The Knicks led for most of the first half, but the Jazz went on an 8-0 run at the end of the second quarter, capped by a Mo Williams jumper at the buzzer to give Utah the halftime lead, 44-42.
However, the Jazz could not keep up the momentum in the second half, and ultimately fell to a costly defeat. The Jazz had been shooting 52 percent at halftime, but by the end of the game this had dropped to just 38 percent.
Gordon Hayward topped the Utah scoring with 17 points.
The Knicks defeated the Jazz in the reverse fixture on March 9 this year, capping a miserable 0-4 road trip for the Jazz. However, since that fixture, the Knicks had started a losing streak of their own, losing their last four games on the road.
This is the first win for the Knicks in six games in Utah, stretching back to 2005.
The Jazz will be disappointed with this loss, as the Lakers were also defeated by the Phoenix Suns earlier on Monday night. Utah now stands at 34-33 for the season.
Check below for some of the tweets of the night as Jazz nation reacts to a tough loss.
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to lead...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- 40-foot jumper by Lexi Rydalch secures BYU's...
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting Combine
- BYU football quiz: How well do you know the...
- Morning links: Kyle Van Noy, Eric Weddle...
- High school wrestling: Pleasant Grove dynasty...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to... 62
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 55
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 50
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 45
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39