Utah Jazz highlights: Jazz defeated by New York Knicks, 90-83, Jazz nation responds on Twitter
The Utah Jazz had 17 turnovers, 14 in the first half, as they fell to a home defeat against the New York Knicks Monday night.
The Knicks led for most of the first half, but the Jazz went on an 8-0 run at the end of the second quarter, capped by a Mo Williams jumper at the buzzer to give Utah the halftime lead, 44-42.
However, the Jazz could not keep up the momentum in the second half, and ultimately fell to a costly defeat. The Jazz had been shooting 52 percent at halftime, but by the end of the game this had dropped to just 38 percent.
Gordon Hayward topped the Utah scoring with 17 points.
The Knicks defeated the Jazz in the reverse fixture on March 9 this year, capping a miserable 0-4 road trip for the Jazz. However, since that fixture, the Knicks had started a losing streak of their own, losing their last four games on the road.
This is the first win for the Knicks in six games in Utah, stretching back to 2005.
The Jazz will be disappointed with this loss, as the Lakers were also defeated by the Phoenix Suns earlier on Monday night. Utah now stands at 34-33 for the season.
Check below for some of the tweets of the night as Jazz nation reacts to a tough loss.
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Morning links: National college... 81
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 66
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 53
- Annual instate college basketball... 38
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 33
- Phil Steele 2016 Football magazine... 29
- Pac-12 South: Bruins the favorite, but... 22