Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The deadline to apply for the 71st annual Days of ’47 Royalty Pageant is fast approaching.
The pageant is produced by the International Society Daughters of Utah Pioneers. All contestants must be between the ages of 19 and 25, and be descendants of pioneers who arrived in the valley between 1847 and 1869.
The deadline for the application is April 1, 2013, by 5 p.m.
This year’s theme, “Pioneers — Our Anchor to the Future” will be exemplified in the young women who participate in the Days of ’47 Royalty Pageant for 2013. The pageant to select a queen and two attendants will be held on April 11-13 at the Conference Center Little Theatre, 60 W. North Temple in Salt Lake City.
The Annie Taylor Hyde Award will also be presented to a young woman (chosen by her peers) for her consideration for others, congeniality, and modesty, among other traits.
The chosen royalty will ride in the Days of ’47 Parade broadcast on KSL-TV July 24.
- Rocky Mountain Power: Thousands on Wasatch...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- UDOT to release preliminary results of S.R....
- Democrats say county primary election voter...
- Walking tour, barbecue Saturday in Murray
- Gov. Herbert: Bears Ears resolution won't...
- Former Utah Sen. Bob Bennett's apology to...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 18
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 15
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 13
- Utah defends busting theater for... 12