Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The deadline to apply for the 71st annual Days of ’47 Royalty Pageant is fast approaching.
The pageant is produced by the International Society Daughters of Utah Pioneers. All contestants must be between the ages of 19 and 25, and be descendants of pioneers who arrived in the valley between 1847 and 1869.
The deadline for the application is April 1, 2013, by 5 p.m.
This year’s theme, “Pioneers — Our Anchor to the Future” will be exemplified in the young women who participate in the Days of ’47 Royalty Pageant for 2013. The pageant to select a queen and two attendants will be held on April 11-13 at the Conference Center Little Theatre, 60 W. North Temple in Salt Lake City.
The Annie Taylor Hyde Award will also be presented to a young woman (chosen by her peers) for her consideration for others, congeniality, and modesty, among other traits.
The chosen royalty will ride in the Days of ’47 Parade broadcast on KSL-TV July 24.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8