Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The deadline to apply for the 71st annual Days of ’47 Royalty Pageant is fast approaching.
The pageant is produced by the International Society Daughters of Utah Pioneers. All contestants must be between the ages of 19 and 25, and be descendants of pioneers who arrived in the valley between 1847 and 1869.
The deadline for the application is April 1, 2013, by 5 p.m.
This year’s theme, “Pioneers — Our Anchor to the Future” will be exemplified in the young women who participate in the Days of ’47 Royalty Pageant for 2013. The pageant to select a queen and two attendants will be held on April 11-13 at the Conference Center Little Theatre, 60 W. North Temple in Salt Lake City.
The Annie Taylor Hyde Award will also be presented to a young woman (chosen by her peers) for her consideration for others, congeniality, and modesty, among other traits.
The chosen royalty will ride in the Days of ’47 Parade broadcast on KSL-TV July 24.
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 101
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 59
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 38
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 38
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24