Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The deadline to apply for the 71st annual Days of ’47 Royalty Pageant is fast approaching.
The pageant is produced by the International Society Daughters of Utah Pioneers. All contestants must be between the ages of 19 and 25, and be descendants of pioneers who arrived in the valley between 1847 and 1869.
The deadline for the application is April 1, 2013, by 5 p.m.
This year’s theme, “Pioneers — Our Anchor to the Future” will be exemplified in the young women who participate in the Days of ’47 Royalty Pageant for 2013. The pageant to select a queen and two attendants will be held on April 11-13 at the Conference Center Little Theatre, 60 W. North Temple in Salt Lake City.
The Annie Taylor Hyde Award will also be presented to a young woman (chosen by her peers) for her consideration for others, congeniality, and modesty, among other traits.
The chosen royalty will ride in the Days of ’47 Parade broadcast on KSL-TV July 24.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 43
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23