Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The deadline to apply for the 71st annual Days of ’47 Royalty Pageant is fast approaching.
The pageant is produced by the International Society Daughters of Utah Pioneers. All contestants must be between the ages of 19 and 25, and be descendants of pioneers who arrived in the valley between 1847 and 1869.
The deadline for the application is April 1, 2013, by 5 p.m.
This year’s theme, “Pioneers — Our Anchor to the Future” will be exemplified in the young women who participate in the Days of ’47 Royalty Pageant for 2013. The pageant to select a queen and two attendants will be held on April 11-13 at the Conference Center Little Theatre, 60 W. North Temple in Salt Lake City.
The Annie Taylor Hyde Award will also be presented to a young woman (chosen by her peers) for her consideration for others, congeniality, and modesty, among other traits.
The chosen royalty will ride in the Days of ’47 Parade broadcast on KSL-TV July 24.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 11