SALT LAKE CITY — A two-story house here was destroyed in a fire early Sunday.
Salt Lake City firefighters were called to 2941 S. Hudson Cir. (1160 East) about 2:40 a.m. They arrived to find heavy smoke and flames coming from the structure, said Salt Lake fire spokesman Jasen Asay.
The homeowner was able to get out of his house safely. He went to a neighbor's house to call 911. His wife was not at home at the time of the incident.
The cause of the fire remained under investigation Sunday but was believed to have started near the front of the house near the kitchen area, Asay said. Damage was estimated at $250,000. The home was considered a total loss.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Father vows to keep looking for Susan Cox Powell
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14