SALT LAKE CITY — A two-story house here was destroyed in a fire early Sunday.
Salt Lake City firefighters were called to 2941 S. Hudson Cir. (1160 East) about 2:40 a.m. They arrived to find heavy smoke and flames coming from the structure, said Salt Lake fire spokesman Jasen Asay.
The homeowner was able to get out of his house safely. He went to a neighbor's house to call 911. His wife was not at home at the time of the incident.
The cause of the fire remained under investigation Sunday but was believed to have started near the front of the house near the kitchen area, Asay said. Damage was estimated at $250,000. The home was considered a total loss.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 37
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 27