SALT LAKE CITY — A two-story house here was destroyed in a fire early Sunday.
Salt Lake City firefighters were called to 2941 S. Hudson Cir. (1160 East) about 2:40 a.m. They arrived to find heavy smoke and flames coming from the structure, said Salt Lake fire spokesman Jasen Asay.
The homeowner was able to get out of his house safely. He went to a neighbor's house to call 911. His wife was not at home at the time of the incident.
The cause of the fire remained under investigation Sunday but was believed to have started near the front of the house near the kitchen area, Asay said. Damage was estimated at $250,000. The home was considered a total loss.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8