SALT LAKE CITY — A two-story house here was destroyed in a fire early Sunday.
Salt Lake City firefighters were called to 2941 S. Hudson Cir. (1160 East) about 2:40 a.m. They arrived to find heavy smoke and flames coming from the structure, said Salt Lake fire spokesman Jasen Asay.
The homeowner was able to get out of his house safely. He went to a neighbor's house to call 911. His wife was not at home at the time of the incident.
The cause of the fire remained under investigation Sunday but was believed to have started near the front of the house near the kitchen area, Asay said. Damage was estimated at $250,000. The home was considered a total loss.
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to replace...
- Second victim found of Murray trucker accused...
- Historic Star Mill owner sells property;...
- Two cyclists killed after Lehi accident
- Salt Lake police warn of vinyl fence vandals
- Community comes together to surprise...
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on...
- 'We're not going to stop': Parents of Anne...
- Judge: Biological father will share... 31
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 27
- Local religious leaders urge support... 25
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 24
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 23
- Gov. Herbert: I'm an 'action figure' on... 19
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Hatch, Lee call on federal government... 17