SALT LAKE CITY — A two-story house here was destroyed in a fire early Sunday.
Salt Lake City firefighters were called to 2941 S. Hudson Cir. (1160 East) about 2:40 a.m. They arrived to find heavy smoke and flames coming from the structure, said Salt Lake fire spokesman Jasen Asay.
The homeowner was able to get out of his house safely. He went to a neighbor's house to call 911. His wife was not at home at the time of the incident.
The cause of the fire remained under investigation Sunday but was believed to have started near the front of the house near the kitchen area, Asay said. Damage was estimated at $250,000. The home was considered a total loss.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Long-awaited Jeremy Johnson fraud trial kicks...
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 55
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 36
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 12