BYU track: Yingling and Hilton lead Cougars in first day of Aztec Invitational
“This was an excellent opener for Sarah and Jessica,” BYU head coach Patrick Shane said. “It was exciting to see them run so well. We only competed in a few events tonight, several throwing events and the pole vault, but the 1,500 stands out the most for us.”
Yingling finished one second off her personal best that she ran before her mission. Throughout most of the race Yingling ran head to head with a UCLA runner but pulled away with 200 meters to go for the win.
Hilton also came from behind to finish third. During the last leg of the race, Hilton passed another UCLA runner. Hilton’s time is a new personal record by nine seconds.
The Cougars continue competition in the final day of the invitational on Saturday.
Full results from the first day of competition can be found at FlashWest.com.
Steven Tew is an SID at BYU Athletic Communications. He can be contacted at email@example.com,
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27