BYU track: Yingling and Hilton lead Cougars in first day of Aztec Invitational
“This was an excellent opener for Sarah and Jessica,” BYU head coach Patrick Shane said. “It was exciting to see them run so well. We only competed in a few events tonight, several throwing events and the pole vault, but the 1,500 stands out the most for us.”
Yingling finished one second off her personal best that she ran before her mission. Throughout most of the race Yingling ran head to head with a UCLA runner but pulled away with 200 meters to go for the win.
Hilton also came from behind to finish third. During the last leg of the race, Hilton passed another UCLA runner. Hilton’s time is a new personal record by nine seconds.
The Cougars continue competition in the final day of the invitational on Saturday.
Full results from the first day of competition can be found at FlashWest.com.
Steven Tew is an SID at BYU Athletic Communications. He can be contacted at email@example.com,
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 102
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 57
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 36