Meanwhile, Kent Haruf's apocryphal town of Holt remains a place where goodness and malice cohabit like bickering relatives living under the same roof. It's an imperfect, but ultimately redeemable community that can teach a lesson or two to all who visit.
"Benediction" is a challenging novel that examines mature themes. The book includes sexual content and scattered profanity throughout.
Kent Haruf was scheduled to be at a reception, discussion and book signing on Wednesday, March 20, at The King's English. However, the event is being postponed until this summer as Haruf is "under the weather," according to a publicist for the publisher.
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition...
- Julie Andrews missed NBC's live 'Sound of Music'
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Ann and Mitt Romney...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Ballet West's 'Nutcracker' a splendid success
- About Utah: After 72 years, Keith Hottinger...
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for family...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 17
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million... 13
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound... 12
- 'Deseret News Sunday Edition' looks at... 10
- 'Sound of Music' hit a high note for... 9
- Toddler basketball star,... 5
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: What if negative... 4
- Wright Words: Christmas Jars tradition... 2