March Madness has just been extended from the basketball court to the movie theater.
In connection with college basketball's NCAA tournament, ok.com is hosting a contest which encourages people to rate or review movies and potentially win a prize.
“We are helping people to connect with friends and get movie information from those they trust,” said Bobby Macey, community and operations manager at ok.com.
The contest started March 12 and will continue until April 8. Only movies rated or reviewed on ok.com during that time period will be eligible for the contest.
Prizes will be awarded each day. During the first week, ok.com will select at least two of their favorite movie reviews and give the winners five Redbox codes each.
During the second week, 16 winners who have the most "thanks" on their movie reviews will receive ok.com paraphernalia.
For the third week, movie tickets will be passed out to the eight winners with the most shared reviews. Those who enter with Facebook or Twitter accounts can encourage their friends to share their reviews.
For the final week, four winners will be chosen to receive either a Kindle Fire or Roku HD streaming device. Winners will be selected from highest total activity on ok.com (shares, thanks, reviews, ratings, follows, following others, etc.).
Ok.com is a media website whose mission is to help families make educated media decisions.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: tbtoone
- 'Fast & Furious 6' is fast, furious and...
- Why $1 billion doesn't mean what it used to...
- Salt Lake City ranked the 14th healthiest...
- BYU animation program earns star treatment...
- LDS veterans share inspiring stories of...
- Life lessons from 'Toy Story,' 'Up' and 6...
- KUED review: 'Brigham Street' a glimpse of...
- Sherry Young: Life is like growing roses, if...
- 'Star Trek: Into Darkness' does $70.6M... 8
- Star Trek money tips to live long and... 4
- Founding member of The Doors dies at 74 1
- ESPN cutting workforce, 'smartly... 1
- New TV show will feature live firings 1
- KUED review: 'Brigham Street' a glimpse... 1
- H&M leads efforts to improve factory... 1
- Salt Lake City ranked the 14th... 1