LOGAN — A 25-year-old man was arrested Thursday after police say he attempted to strangle a woman to the point that she passed out.
A resident at Northeastern Services, 581 W. 100 South, choked a female staff worker for an unknown reason, just before 10:30 p.m., according to a statement from Logan police. The man then locked his bedroom door so other employees couldn't get in.
Another employee kicked in the door to help the woman, who by then was unconscious, police said.
Officers were called an hour later to the facility for a "psychiatric medical problem" and discovered a 25-year-old man who was "violent and suicidal," according to police.
Northeastern Services is a private company that attempts to help people with various developmental and physical disabilities as well as providing behavioral assistance and nursing care services.
Manuel Smiley Jr. was booked into the Cache County Jail for investigation of attempted homicide.
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 101
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 59
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 38
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 38
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24