MISSOULA, Mont. Troy Huff scored 15 points, Mitch Wilmer tallied a double-double and third-seeded North Dakota used a big second half to advance in the Big Sky Conference tournament with a 69-52 win over Southern Utah on Thursday night.
Wilmer had 11 points, grabbed 14 rebounds and Aaron Anderson scored 14 for North Dakota (16-15), which shot 65.2 percent from the floor in the second half including a 7 for 11 mark from beyond the arc to put the Thunderbirds away for good.
Lenny Antwi and Josh Schuler added 10 points apiece for North Dakota.
Sixth-seeded Southern Utah (11-20) shot a dismal 28.8 percent from the field and was 5 of 19 from 3-point range. Jackson Stevenett scored 15 points to lead the Thunderbirds.
North Dakota advances to the second round of the Big Sky tournament Friday and will play No. 2 Weber State. The Wildcats beat seventh-seeded Northern Arizona 84-58.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26