MISSOULA, Mont. Troy Huff scored 15 points, Mitch Wilmer tallied a double-double and third-seeded North Dakota used a big second half to advance in the Big Sky Conference tournament with a 69-52 win over Southern Utah on Thursday night.
Wilmer had 11 points, grabbed 14 rebounds and Aaron Anderson scored 14 for North Dakota (16-15), which shot 65.2 percent from the floor in the second half including a 7 for 11 mark from beyond the arc to put the Thunderbirds away for good.
Lenny Antwi and Josh Schuler added 10 points apiece for North Dakota.
Sixth-seeded Southern Utah (11-20) shot a dismal 28.8 percent from the field and was 5 of 19 from 3-point range. Jackson Stevenett scored 15 points to lead the Thunderbirds.
North Dakota advances to the second round of the Big Sky tournament Friday and will play No. 2 Weber State. The Wildcats beat seventh-seeded Northern Arizona 84-58.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- Prep football: Kafentzis, 'Diggers dig out of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48