MISSOULA, Mont. Troy Huff scored 15 points, Mitch Wilmer tallied a double-double and third-seeded North Dakota used a big second half to advance in the Big Sky Conference tournament with a 69-52 win over Southern Utah on Thursday night.
Wilmer had 11 points, grabbed 14 rebounds and Aaron Anderson scored 14 for North Dakota (16-15), which shot 65.2 percent from the floor in the second half including a 7 for 11 mark from beyond the arc to put the Thunderbirds away for good.
Lenny Antwi and Josh Schuler added 10 points apiece for North Dakota.
Sixth-seeded Southern Utah (11-20) shot a dismal 28.8 percent from the field and was 5 of 19 from 3-point range. Jackson Stevenett scored 15 points to lead the Thunderbirds.
North Dakota advances to the second round of the Big Sky tournament Friday and will play No. 2 Weber State. The Wildcats beat seventh-seeded Northern Arizona 84-58.
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 92
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 44
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33