MISSOULA, Mont. Troy Huff scored 15 points, Mitch Wilmer tallied a double-double and third-seeded North Dakota used a big second half to advance in the Big Sky Conference tournament with a 69-52 win over Southern Utah on Thursday night.
Wilmer had 11 points, grabbed 14 rebounds and Aaron Anderson scored 14 for North Dakota (16-15), which shot 65.2 percent from the floor in the second half including a 7 for 11 mark from beyond the arc to put the Thunderbirds away for good.
Lenny Antwi and Josh Schuler added 10 points apiece for North Dakota.
Sixth-seeded Southern Utah (11-20) shot a dismal 28.8 percent from the field and was 5 of 19 from 3-point range. Jackson Stevenett scored 15 points to lead the Thunderbirds.
North Dakota advances to the second round of the Big Sky tournament Friday and will play No. 2 Weber State. The Wildcats beat seventh-seeded Northern Arizona 84-58.
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Live streams: 1A volleyball tournament...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Friday night lights central, playoffs...
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- Ranking the starting centers in the NBA from...
- Middle Tennessee excited about home game...
- Utah Jazz get blown out by Dallas 120-102
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 59
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 54
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 34
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32