BYU diving: Suder and Christensen make finals on day 1 of Zone Championships
"We competed well today," head diving coach Keith Russell said. "We are diving against some great competition and tomorrow we will go out and do our best to place well."
The men competed in the 1-meter, while the women competed in the 3-meter Thursday.
Suder placed 14th in the finals with a score of 605.75. He finished 11th in the prelims to qualify for the finals. Matt Hopper finished 26th in the prelims with a score of 253.10.
Christensen finished 15th in the finals with a score of 565.70 after placing 11th in the prelims. Raleigh Willams Taylor finished 31st in the prelims with a score of 254.45.
Events will begin Friday with the prelims for the women’s 1-meter at 11 a.m. MDT and the finals will kick off at 1:45 p.m. The men will compete in the 3-meter with prelims starting at 4:45 p.m. and the finals at 6:30.
Jared Houghton is a Sports Information Director who works in the BYU Athletic Communications with the men's and women's swimming teams. He can be reached at email@example.com for questions relating to swimming.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- What are the chances? Breaking down NBA...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16