WEST VALLEY CITY — Police on Thursday released the identity of the man who was shot to death in an apparent argument Sunday night.
Jesus Lucena Velez, 42, was shot multiple times just before midnight at 2363 S. Redwood Road.
The home is apparently rented out by room to between six and 10 residents, including Roberto Tolajo Romero, 60, who was arrested Monday for investigation of murder and obstruction of justice, West Valley Police Sgt. Jason Hauer said. No charges have yet been filed in the case.
Velez stayed at the home temporarily about a year ago, although he never rented a room.
"He kind of crashed there and they made a space for him," Hauer said, adding that Sunday night was the first time residents had seen Velez in a year.
Police found Romero through interviews with his roommates and arrested him Monday, locating the weapon believed to have been used in the shooting in a nearby trash can. Romero told police he had been in an argument with the victim, shot him, then fled, according to Hauer.
A woman believed to have been in the home before the argument was also located and questioned. She has since been released and no charges are being considered against her, police said Thursday.
- Ogden home burglarized while family attends...
- Utah family's adoption of Ethiopian girl...
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- Why Utahns are some of the biggest spenders,...
- Utah lawmakers contemplate law requiring body...
- How do I know if I'm ovulating?
- 'Our lives have been better for having her,'...
- Proposed tax increase a 'bold move' for...
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 69
- Prayers, protests raised in Utah as... 36
- Utah to pay plaintiffs in marriage... 34
- 12-year-old girl dies in accidental... 29
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 27
- GOP plans to sue over Count My Vote... 27
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 21
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah... 20