Scott G Winterton, Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Updated information on air pollution in Utah is now available from the state's Division of Air Quality. The 2011 statewide emissions inventory report can be viewed at www.airquality.utah.gov.
Compiled from sources statewide, the new 2011 inventory is the baseline data DAQ uses to track trends and develop air quality models that are used to determine air monitoring and air quality planning goals. The statewide inventory provides the backbone for other inventories that are developed for specific pollutants, geographical areas or focused development of air quality improvement plans.
“We want people to use the inventory to see what’s happening in their communities and help generate both questions and solutions that lead to a better understanding of our air quality problems," said DAQ Director Bryce Bird. "The 2011 inventory builds on the transparency we’ve incorporated into our webpage, which includes real-time air monitoring, historical monitoring data, and publishing all of our permitting actions that are under consideration.”
The division is actively working to boost the amount of information available about Utah’s air quality problem on its website and Facebook page. The 2011 inventory is the newest addition to an ongoing list of educational information including background primers on ozone, instructions to calculate wintertime PM2.5 pollution, and tips to decrease personal emissions and protect health.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Three hurt when ATV explodes into flames as...
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 66
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 30
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18