Scott G Winterton, Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Updated information on air pollution in Utah is now available from the state's Division of Air Quality. The 2011 statewide emissions inventory report can be viewed at www.airquality.utah.gov.
Compiled from sources statewide, the new 2011 inventory is the baseline data DAQ uses to track trends and develop air quality models that are used to determine air monitoring and air quality planning goals. The statewide inventory provides the backbone for other inventories that are developed for specific pollutants, geographical areas or focused development of air quality improvement plans.
“We want people to use the inventory to see what’s happening in their communities and help generate both questions and solutions that lead to a better understanding of our air quality problems," said DAQ Director Bryce Bird. "The 2011 inventory builds on the transparency we’ve incorporated into our webpage, which includes real-time air monitoring, historical monitoring data, and publishing all of our permitting actions that are under consideration.”
The division is actively working to boost the amount of information available about Utah’s air quality problem on its website and Facebook page. The 2011 inventory is the newest addition to an ongoing list of educational information including background primers on ozone, instructions to calculate wintertime PM2.5 pollution, and tips to decrease personal emissions and protect health.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Body in suitcase is not missing Provo woman,...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Historic Salt Lake building now home to...
- Wedding put on hold after BYU student kicked...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Man dies in paragliding crash on Utah Lake
- Opposing sides of same-sex marriage... 124
- Outcome of same-sex marriage case hard... 54
- Stewart, Bishop launch group to take... 37
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 Utah chiefs with Baltimore ties say... 19
- Provo businessman declines push to run... 19
- LDS Church donates $100,000 to combat... 19