Scott G Winterton, Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Updated information on air pollution in Utah is now available from the state's Division of Air Quality. The 2011 statewide emissions inventory report can be viewed at www.airquality.utah.gov.
Compiled from sources statewide, the new 2011 inventory is the baseline data DAQ uses to track trends and develop air quality models that are used to determine air monitoring and air quality planning goals. The statewide inventory provides the backbone for other inventories that are developed for specific pollutants, geographical areas or focused development of air quality improvement plans.
“We want people to use the inventory to see what’s happening in their communities and help generate both questions and solutions that lead to a better understanding of our air quality problems," said DAQ Director Bryce Bird. "The 2011 inventory builds on the transparency we’ve incorporated into our webpage, which includes real-time air monitoring, historical monitoring data, and publishing all of our permitting actions that are under consideration.”
The division is actively working to boost the amount of information available about Utah’s air quality problem on its website and Facebook page. The 2011 inventory is the newest addition to an ongoing list of educational information including background primers on ozone, instructions to calculate wintertime PM2.5 pollution, and tips to decrease personal emissions and protect health.
- Smithfield teen makes Valentine's Day special...
- Scalia's death leaves major void in high...
- France bestows highest honor on Utah veteran
- Giant Kennecott dump trucks are sporting an...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain from...
- Logan man killed in Idaho car crash
- Race heating up as congressional Democrats...
- 3 seriously injured in multi-vehicle crash on...
- Utah delegation urges Obama to refrain... 40
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 36
- Scalia's death leaves major void in... 33
- IRS raids properties with possible... 21
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- State: EPA didn't clue in Utah on San... 12
- Summit County wants rewrite of Bishop's... 11