Scott G Winterton, Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Updated information on air pollution in Utah is now available from the state's Division of Air Quality. The 2011 statewide emissions inventory report can be viewed at www.airquality.utah.gov.
Compiled from sources statewide, the new 2011 inventory is the baseline data DAQ uses to track trends and develop air quality models that are used to determine air monitoring and air quality planning goals. The statewide inventory provides the backbone for other inventories that are developed for specific pollutants, geographical areas or focused development of air quality improvement plans.
“We want people to use the inventory to see what’s happening in their communities and help generate both questions and solutions that lead to a better understanding of our air quality problems," said DAQ Director Bryce Bird. "The 2011 inventory builds on the transparency we’ve incorporated into our webpage, which includes real-time air monitoring, historical monitoring data, and publishing all of our permitting actions that are under consideration.”
The division is actively working to boost the amount of information available about Utah’s air quality problem on its website and Facebook page. The 2011 inventory is the newest addition to an ongoing list of educational information including background primers on ozone, instructions to calculate wintertime PM2.5 pollution, and tips to decrease personal emissions and protect health.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18