Scott G Winterton, Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Updated information on air pollution in Utah is now available from the state's Division of Air Quality. The 2011 statewide emissions inventory report can be viewed at www.airquality.utah.gov.
Compiled from sources statewide, the new 2011 inventory is the baseline data DAQ uses to track trends and develop air quality models that are used to determine air monitoring and air quality planning goals. The statewide inventory provides the backbone for other inventories that are developed for specific pollutants, geographical areas or focused development of air quality improvement plans.
“We want people to use the inventory to see what’s happening in their communities and help generate both questions and solutions that lead to a better understanding of our air quality problems," said DAQ Director Bryce Bird. "The 2011 inventory builds on the transparency we’ve incorporated into our webpage, which includes real-time air monitoring, historical monitoring data, and publishing all of our permitting actions that are under consideration.”
The division is actively working to boost the amount of information available about Utah’s air quality problem on its website and Facebook page. The 2011 inventory is the newest addition to an ongoing list of educational information including background primers on ozone, instructions to calculate wintertime PM2.5 pollution, and tips to decrease personal emissions and protect health.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Bank bomb scare prompts evacuation of...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14