“We’re creating a library of scenes from the Savior’s life that can be used in the church in a wide variety of ways, such as LDS seminaries, institutes of religion, Sunday School classes and in other settings as well as by the Missionary Department and other church organizations," Elliott said. "Our objective is to make them as true and accurate as we possibly can, and of such excellent quality that they will be useful in the church for a long time.”
The videos are being seen and used by non-Latter-day Saints, as well. For example, Elliott spoke of a group from Texas that wanted to use the project’s “Good Samaritan” video at a special event for people who provide services for homeless people there. And with the videos available online through lds.org and the Mormon Channel on YouTube, and via mobile apps, there are doubtless many who are not LDS who are among the more than 5 million video views documented thus far.
“It’s very gratifying to see the response by people who comment on the videos on YouTube and say how they have made a difference,” Elliott said. “We see comments that say, ‘I needed this today,’ or, ‘I feel like I was led here.’ Regardless of their faith background, they seem to resonate with the spirit of the message of the life of Christ.”
And that, he said, is what the LDS Bible videos are really intended to accomplish.
“We’re not promoting it or pushing to see how many views we can get, or competing with the History Channel,” he said. “We’re just trying to create beautiful footage that will serve the needs of the church and bring people closer to Christ. That’s really our purpose: to share these Bible stories and touch lives.”
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- The Piano Guys perform 'Silent Night' at New...
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'...
- New Joseph Smith Papers volume provides...
- Elder Oaks gives special Thanksgiving...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- The effect of having a widow's mite of faith
- A lesson a little girl learned while seeing...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 4
- A lesson a little girl learned while... 4
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'... 4
- The most grateful religions in America,... 2
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates... 2
- Pope Francis brings peace message to... 1
- Book review: 'Understanding the... 1