The word "banquet" conjures up the image of a feast; delicious food and lots of it. For the past 22 years, students at BYU have hosted a Hunger Banquet — a banquet where the goodies are not doled out equally. In fact, most of the attendees go away hungry, at least physically, but filled with a very tangible vision of the scope of global poverty.
This year's event, the 23rd Annual Hunger Banquet, is truly “thinking globally while acting locally,” not only by raising awareness, but also by benefiting a local organization which helps international refugees in northern Utah.
That’s this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- Utah woman writes new verse for LDS Cultural...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 17
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- 5 things to remember when you think God... 10
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 5
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 5
- Here's how you and your spouse can... 3
- Jerry Earl Johnston: A celebrated... 3