The word "banquet" conjures up the image of a feast; delicious food and lots of it. For the past 22 years, students at BYU have hosted a Hunger Banquet — a banquet where the goodies are not doled out equally. In fact, most of the attendees go away hungry, at least physically, but filled with a very tangible vision of the scope of global poverty.
This year's event, the 23rd Annual Hunger Banquet, is truly “thinking globally while acting locally,” not only by raising awareness, but also by benefiting a local organization which helps international refugees in northern Utah.
That’s this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- Comic: Overcome with the spirit
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 49
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Hindu festival celebrates birth of Lord... 2