The word "banquet" conjures up the image of a feast; delicious food and lots of it. For the past 22 years, students at BYU have hosted a Hunger Banquet — a banquet where the goodies are not doled out equally. In fact, most of the attendees go away hungry, at least physically, but filled with a very tangible vision of the scope of global poverty.
This year's event, the 23rd Annual Hunger Banquet, is truly “thinking globally while acting locally,” not only by raising awareness, but also by benefiting a local organization which helps international refugees in northern Utah.
That’s this week on The Cricket and Seagull.
- 35 memorable photos from the LDS Church News...
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new movie,...
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- Carrie Underwood shares her Christian faith...
- 2 LDS teens create video to share Mormon beliefs
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had far-reaching...
- Republicans rallying behind religious... 32
- FamilySearch provides LDS members with... 18
- LDS Church leaders share excitement for... 14
- LDS temples grow ever closer to members 10
- Religious leaders agree ISIS must be... 7
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote... 6
- 1964 World's Fair pavilion had... 5
- LDS priesthood restoration site, new... 5