MIDVALE — The victim of Wednesday's fatal accident involving a TRAX train and a bicyclist has been identified as 27-year-old Brandon G. Robinson.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said Robinson was on a bicycle and stopped for a passing TRAX train near 4100 South and 200 West. After the train went by, Robinson went around the crossing arms, which were still down, and was hit by another TRAX train coming the opposite direction, Hoyal said.
Hoyal cautioned that all pedestrians, cyclists and motorists need to remember to not cross railroad tracks until all the crossing arms are up and the red lights have stopped flashing.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 35
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13