MIDVALE — The victim of Wednesday's fatal accident involving a TRAX train and a bicyclist has been identified as 27-year-old Brandon G. Robinson.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said Robinson was on a bicycle and stopped for a passing TRAX train near 4100 South and 200 West. After the train went by, Robinson went around the crossing arms, which were still down, and was hit by another TRAX train coming the opposite direction, Hoyal said.
Hoyal cautioned that all pedestrians, cyclists and motorists need to remember to not cross railroad tracks until all the crossing arms are up and the red lights have stopped flashing.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17