Sexuality: Burt Wonderstone (Steve Carell) is a womanizer who hits on every woman he sees. He and his partner make suggestive moves on stage with their assistant. He takes a woman home with him and takes her to his bedroom. She awakes in her underwear. Wonderstone takes off a woman’s bra from under her clothes, then does a trick with a condom.
Physical injury: Steve Gray’s (Jim Carrey) magic act is based on tricks that hurt physically. He cuts himself on the face, uses hot coals and a drill. One trick deals with holding a bodily function. One trick in the film has people being dragged and then thrown into trucks.
Language: While some profanity is heard in this film, it is not nearly as much as could have been used. The Gray character uses language that is meant to be disturbing. For example, his reality show is called “Brain Rapist.”
While there are some funny moments that will make people laugh, they are too few. Some of the comedy lays flat and is not funny. This is definitely a film for an older audience, such as 14 and up.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer.
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- The Clean Cut: Toddler can't help but run to...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose marriage,...
- Liberals teach kids tolerance over faith;...
- If Pinterest makes you feel like a failure as...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 45
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 30
- Liberals teach kids tolerance over... 18
- Striking or spanking a child is not a... 16
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite... 9
- Mom battling cancer determined to live... 7
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 6
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of... 6