Sexuality: Burt Wonderstone (Steve Carell) is a womanizer who hits on every woman he sees. He and his partner make suggestive moves on stage with their assistant. He takes a woman home with him and takes her to his bedroom. She awakes in her underwear. Wonderstone takes off a woman’s bra from under her clothes, then does a trick with a condom.
Physical injury: Steve Gray’s (Jim Carrey) magic act is based on tricks that hurt physically. He cuts himself on the face, uses hot coals and a drill. One trick deals with holding a bodily function. One trick in the film has people being dragged and then thrown into trucks.
Language: While some profanity is heard in this film, it is not nearly as much as could have been used. The Gray character uses language that is meant to be disturbing. For example, his reality show is called “Brain Rapist.”
While there are some funny moments that will make people laugh, they are too few. Some of the comedy lays flat and is not funny. This is definitely a film for an older audience, such as 14 and up.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer.
- The No. 1 cause of divorce may not be what...
- 10 million views in 10 days: Behind the...
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why most...
- The factors that drive or deter teen sex
- 'Say Thanks': Facebook launches new feature...
- Utahn on 'Biggest Loser' gets another chance...
- About Utah: Now, he's been everywhere
- Families have become the scapegoat of holiday...
- The No. 1 cause of divorce may not be... 15
- Working on Thanksgiving Day? Here's why... 10
- Families have become the scapegoat of... 9
- The factors that drive or deter teen sex 8
- 10 million views in 10 days: Behind the... 7
- Be thankful — there's a theology... 6
- About Utah: Now, he's been everywhere 5
- A community of theater: Utah theater... 2