White House wishes world "Happy Pi Day" with picture of Obama sharing pie with child
White House's Twitter page
The White House wished Twitter followers and Facebook fans a 'Happy Pie Day' with a photo of a child with a mouthful of pie beside President Barack Obama.
According to the White House's caption on the original Flickr photo, the picture was taken on July 5, 2012, when Obama stopped for lunch at an Ohio restaurant.
The original caption read, "'Anyone want to try a piece of my strawberry pie?' the president asked those at adjacent tables during a stop for lunch at Kozy Corners restaurant in Oak Harbor, Ohio. A young boy said yes and came over for a big bite of pie."
"Super cute! I love seeing the president in these pictures with kids and families!" wrote one Facebook fan on the White House's post.
"I hope this was a healthy lunch, Mr. President. Michelle is trying so hard to get kids to eat right!" another Facebooker commented.
National Pi Day is a day designated to celebrate the mathematical number pi. The chosen date for Pi Day was March 14 because 3.14 are the first numbers of pi. The U.S. House of Representatives declared the holiday in 2009 with House Resolution number 224, according to the Huffington Post.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Police arrest man who posed as Mormon...
- By changing its name, ABC Family clarifies...
- McCarthy abruptly withdraws candidacy for...
- VW executive apologizes but says scandal not...
- Wildlife federation files suit over pipeline...
- Finnish schools might understand something...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Workers removing Ten Commandments from... 56
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Mother-son bond over guns links Oregon,... 22
- 40 percent tax on employer insurance... 22
- Clinton pitches new gun controls... 16
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Mental health vs. gun control: The... 15