White House wishes world "Happy Pi Day" with picture of Obama sharing pie with child
White House's Twitter page
The White House wished Twitter followers and Facebook fans a 'Happy Pie Day' with a photo of a child with a mouthful of pie beside President Barack Obama.
According to the White House's caption on the original Flickr photo, the picture was taken on July 5, 2012, when Obama stopped for lunch at an Ohio restaurant.
The original caption read, "'Anyone want to try a piece of my strawberry pie?' the president asked those at adjacent tables during a stop for lunch at Kozy Corners restaurant in Oak Harbor, Ohio. A young boy said yes and came over for a big bite of pie."
"Super cute! I love seeing the president in these pictures with kids and families!" wrote one Facebook fan on the White House's post.
"I hope this was a healthy lunch, Mr. President. Michelle is trying so hard to get kids to eat right!" another Facebooker commented.
National Pi Day is a day designated to celebrate the mathematical number pi. The chosen date for Pi Day was March 14 because 3.14 are the first numbers of pi. The U.S. House of Representatives declared the holiday in 2009 with House Resolution number 224, according to the Huffington Post.
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- Sex education should start sooner, study finds
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels, with or...
- Sorting out the claims after pipe break: Who...
- Witnesses at Utah trial: No security-camera...
- The creepiest Internet-related happenings of...
- House leaders abandon border bill
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 53
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 47
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 37
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 30
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 28
- House leaders abandon border bill 25
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against... 15