White House wishes world "Happy Pi Day" with picture of Obama sharing pie with child
White House's Twitter page
The White House wished Twitter followers and Facebook fans a 'Happy Pie Day' with a photo of a child with a mouthful of pie beside President Barack Obama.
According to the White House's caption on the original Flickr photo, the picture was taken on July 5, 2012, when Obama stopped for lunch at an Ohio restaurant.
The original caption read, "'Anyone want to try a piece of my strawberry pie?' the president asked those at adjacent tables during a stop for lunch at Kozy Corners restaurant in Oak Harbor, Ohio. A young boy said yes and came over for a big bite of pie."
"Super cute! I love seeing the president in these pictures with kids and families!" wrote one Facebook fan on the White House's post.
"I hope this was a healthy lunch, Mr. President. Michelle is trying so hard to get kids to eat right!" another Facebooker commented.
National Pi Day is a day designated to celebrate the mathematical number pi. The chosen date for Pi Day was March 14 because 3.14 are the first numbers of pi. The U.S. House of Representatives declared the holiday in 2009 with House Resolution number 224, according to the Huffington Post.
- Survivors visit Auschwitz a day ahead of 70th...
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts...
- Chess in schools: bringing the classic mind...
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls court...
- Miss Colombia crowned Miss Universe in Miami
- 'Potentially historic' blizzard threatens NYC...
- Obama seeks bigger wilderness designation in...
- Man tells police drone crash at White House...
- Mitt sounds like a candidate at Salt... 87
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts... 84
- Kerry: Violent extremism is not Islamic 28
- Measles outbreak casts spotlight on... 20
- Idaho has 22 breeding wolf pairs, an... 12
- Religious response to postponed... 12
- VP Joe Biden: More access to higher ed... 10
- 'Potentially historic' blizzard... 10