Utah Utes basketball live coverage: Utes beat USC 69-66 for first ever Pac-12 tournament victory
With a three-point lead and a five-second differential between the game and shot clocks, Utes guard Jarred DuBois shot a jumper that was just short. In a scramble for the rebound, the ball was kicked down the court and Utah guard Glen Dean jumped on it as time expired.
DuBois carried the Utes with 22 points, including two clutch shots to break a 12-0 USC run and put Utah back up by six points with three minutes left in the game.
Also in the mix was Utah freshman Jordan Loveridge who finished with 15 points and 19 rebounds.
USC center Omar Oraby led the Trojans with 18 points and 10 rebounds. J.T. Terrell made several critical 3-pointers for USC to keep them in the game — he had 14 points.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7