Utah Utes basketball live coverage: Utes beat USC 69-66 for first ever Pac-12 tournament victory
With a three-point lead and a five-second differential between the game and shot clocks, Utes guard Jarred DuBois shot a jumper that was just short. In a scramble for the rebound, the ball was kicked down the court and Utah guard Glen Dean jumped on it as time expired.
DuBois carried the Utes with 22 points, including two clutch shots to break a 12-0 USC run and put Utah back up by six points with three minutes left in the game.
Also in the mix was Utah freshman Jordan Loveridge who finished with 15 points and 19 rebounds.
USC center Omar Oraby led the Trojans with 18 points and 10 rebounds. J.T. Terrell made several critical 3-pointers for USC to keep them in the game — he had 14 points.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 40
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26