Sue Ogrocki, Associated Press
The Utah Jazz have continued their poor run of road games by suffering a huge loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder, 110-87 on Wednesday.
The Jazz started the game brightly, building an early 12-6 lead. However, OKC immediately responded with a 23-7 run to end the first quarter, and never relinquished the lead. This was not helped by poor shooting from Utah, who ended the half with a shooting percentage of just 23 percent, only improving to 35 percent by the end of the game. The Jazz only managed nine points in the second quarter, and finished the first half with the score at 50-28.
There was no recovering from that deficit, and the Jazz suffered their fifth consecutive road defeat, bringing their road record to 10-24 for the season.
None of the Jazz starters managed to reach double figures, but Gordon Hayward had 20 points off the bench. Although he struggled to get off the mark in the first half, Kevin Durant had a game high 23 points and 10 rebounds for OKC.
Utah's record now stands at 33-32 for the season, although they will be helped by the Lakers' loss to the Atlanta Hawks on the same night.
Read on for Twitter reaction from Jazz nation as they witness another disappointing road loss. Check back here for highlights from the game.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Utah football notes: Paul makes quite a splash
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 61
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 41
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33