Tooele couple robbed bank with kids in car, police say
TOOELE — A husband and wife are in jail after police say they robbed a bank in the middle of the day Monday with their children in the car.
Michelle Parker, 27, entered the Wells Fargo at Main Street and Utah Avenue, presenting the teller with a note demanding money. Her husband, William Parker, 27, was waiting outside in the car with their 2- and 5-year-old children, Tooele Police Sgt. Todd Hewitt said.
An off-duty officer noticed Michelle Parker hurrying out of the bank and leaving in a waiting car just before noon Monday. He began following the vehicle and stopped the couple before even receiving word of the robbery.
"The officer … did a great job, and Wells Fargo also did a good job," Hewitt said. "The teller, the employees in the bank had a ton of information for us when we got there. They followed all their protocols."
A search of the vehicle revealed the money from Wells Fargo, notes and "other evidence," Hewitt said. Michelle Parker did not make any threats during the alleged robbery, and no weapons were located in the couple's possession.
The couple moved to Tooele in November. They were booked into Tooele County Jail.
The children were taken into state custody, Hewitt said. Their maternal grandfather is working to have the children released to him.
- Deputy's widow laments small room for...
- Vernal police investigating offensive...
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- Father raises awareness of congenital defect...
- Report: Utah is 'one of the best examples' of...
- Chronic homelessness in Utah down 91 percent...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- 'Priceless' Hot Wheels car design for...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 60
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 53
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 23
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant... 23
- Poll: 'Undecided' tops Utah Republican... 15
- Hatch, Lee split on new attorney general 14
- Deputy's widow laments small room for... 9
- Herbert, legislative leaders to talk... 8