Tooele couple robbed bank with kids in car, police say
TOOELE — A husband and wife are in jail after police say they robbed a bank in the middle of the day Monday with their children in the car.
Michelle Parker, 27, entered the Wells Fargo at Main Street and Utah Avenue, presenting the teller with a note demanding money. Her husband, William Parker, 27, was waiting outside in the car with their 2- and 5-year-old children, Tooele Police Sgt. Todd Hewitt said.
An off-duty officer noticed Michelle Parker hurrying out of the bank and leaving in a waiting car just before noon Monday. He began following the vehicle and stopped the couple before even receiving word of the robbery.
"The officer … did a great job, and Wells Fargo also did a good job," Hewitt said. "The teller, the employees in the bank had a ton of information for us when we got there. They followed all their protocols."
A search of the vehicle revealed the money from Wells Fargo, notes and "other evidence," Hewitt said. Michelle Parker did not make any threats during the alleged robbery, and no weapons were located in the couple's possession.
The couple moved to Tooele in November. They were booked into Tooele County Jail.
The children were taken into state custody, Hewitt said. Their maternal grandfather is working to have the children released to him.
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah town...
- Primary Children's Hospital chaplains laugh,...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 71
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18