But Houston has a huge homestand this month, with seven consecutive home games including contests against highly beatable folks like Phoenix, Minnesota and Cleveland.
Indeed, by the time we get through "the Yikes of March" and move into April, the Jazz might have fallen too far behind the Lakers and Rockets to catch ’em down the regular-season stretch.
Corbin and his crew are admittedly doing a little scoreboard watching as the season winds down to its final month.
"You're aware of it, you're aware of it," he said of sneaking a peak at other teams' scores around the league. "You can't panic. You can't get all wrapped up in what you can't control. You just try to control what you can control, and that's how you play, and take care of your business.
"You can't worry about other teams losing so you can move up or whatever. You just play and tend to what you can handle, and everything else will work itself out."
A year ago, Utah used a late-season surge to climb into the playoffs, securing the No. 8 seed in the West.
Third-year shooting guard Gordon Hayward says this year's team can certainly benefit from that gritty performance, but they need to have a sense of urgency from here on out.
"We're gonna need the rest of these from here on out. It's a real close race," he said. "It'll be interesting the last month here and hopefully we can get some wins.
"We can use that (2012) experience, we did it last year. Hopefully we don't have to win so many games in a row there at the end to get in, and we need to take care of our business now."
Veteran center Al Jefferson, who's been battling a bad ankle, said he's more than willing to play through pain if it means nailing down another playoff spot this year.
"It's sore, but it's pain I can deal with," he said. "I feel like at this time of the year and what we're fighting for, if I can go, I'll go.
"We'll take it one game at a time. But I feel like we've got one more big run in us." Jazz fans are certainly hoping Big Al is right. But, much like they told Caesar just before he got jumped by his buddies, "Beware the Ides of March."
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- Skyler Halford helps key BYU's late-season...
- Layton steps up big late to secure a 48-46...
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- 5A boys state tournament roundup: Layton...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 84
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 79
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle... 46
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29