Boy Scouts survey seeks feedback on ban of gay Scouts
The results of the survey will be put into a larger report that will be considered by voting members of the National Council before they vote at the National Annual Meeting in May.
Gailey's council was one that asked the board to take more time. He said the survey was the sort of thing they were hoping to see.
"The objective was to do exactly this," he said. "Let's spend some time to talk to those who are partnering with us, our key chartered organizations to find out what would work for them and what would help them deliver the best Scouting program.
"I think it's very Scout-oriented to get everyone involved and be very open and honest in the discussion and really understand well before a decision is made."
Those with a Scout ID that may not have received the survey can respond to it here: Scouting.US.Qualtrics.com.
OTHER SAMPLE QUESTIONS:
1. Tom started in the program as a Tiger Cub, and finished every requirement for the Eagle Scout Award at 16 years of age. At his board of review, Tom reveals that he is gay. Is it acceptable or unacceptable for the review board to deny his Eagle Scout award based on that admission?
2. Johnny, a first grade boy, has joined Tiger Cubs with his friends. Johnny's friends and their parents unanimously nominate Johnny's mom, who is known by them to be lesbian, to be the den leader. Johnny's pack is chartered to a church were the doctrine of that faith does not teach that homosexuality is wrong. Is it acceptable or unacceptable for his mother to serve as a den leader for his Cub Scout den?
Contributing: Andrew Adams
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8