PROVO, Utah – After its first doubleheader on the road this year, the BYU women’s tennis team will travel to face BYU-Hawaii and the University of Hawaii this week.
BYU (5-4) competes at BYU-Hawaii (9-1) on Thursday at 2 p.m. HST, followed by an 11 a.m. HST matchup with Hawaii on Saturday at the UH Tennis Complex.
The Cougars featured a new doubles lineup last week which earned two wins and the doubles point against Denver. Sisters Nicolette and Desiree Tran earned a victory at the No. 2 position while seniors Aubrey Paul and Andie Young got a win at the No. 3 spot.
Freshman Nicolette Tran holds the best singles record at 7-2, followed by Paul with a 6-3 mark.
Thursday’s match is the first between the Cougars and Seasiders. BYU-Hawaii is ranked No. 2 in Division II tennis. No. 1 Annie Hwang leads the team in singles. Hwang and Sherry Liu are the No. 2 doubles team in Division II.
BYU owns the overall series against Hawaii with a 5-0 record.
The Cougars then return home to face Portland for their first conference match on March 20.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34