PROVO, Utah – After its first doubleheader on the road this year, the BYU women’s tennis team will travel to face BYU-Hawaii and the University of Hawaii this week.
BYU (5-4) competes at BYU-Hawaii (9-1) on Thursday at 2 p.m. HST, followed by an 11 a.m. HST matchup with Hawaii on Saturday at the UH Tennis Complex.
The Cougars featured a new doubles lineup last week which earned two wins and the doubles point against Denver. Sisters Nicolette and Desiree Tran earned a victory at the No. 2 position while seniors Aubrey Paul and Andie Young got a win at the No. 3 spot.
Freshman Nicolette Tran holds the best singles record at 7-2, followed by Paul with a 6-3 mark.
Thursday’s match is the first between the Cougars and Seasiders. BYU-Hawaii is ranked No. 2 in Division II tennis. No. 1 Annie Hwang leads the team in singles. Hwang and Sherry Liu are the No. 2 doubles team in Division II.
BYU owns the overall series against Hawaii with a 5-0 record.
The Cougars then return home to face Portland for their first conference match on March 20.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Live streams: 4A & 5A baseball tournament...
- LSU's live tiger mascot diagnosed with rare...
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint...
- A look at Day 2 at French Open
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win...
- UCLA agrees to 15-year deal with Under Armour
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles selected to host...
- Even before easy win, good day for Serena...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 147
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 67
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 48
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 48
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 28
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27