PROVO, Utah – After its first doubleheader on the road this year, the BYU women’s tennis team will travel to face BYU-Hawaii and the University of Hawaii this week.
BYU (5-4) competes at BYU-Hawaii (9-1) on Thursday at 2 p.m. HST, followed by an 11 a.m. HST matchup with Hawaii on Saturday at the UH Tennis Complex.
The Cougars featured a new doubles lineup last week which earned two wins and the doubles point against Denver. Sisters Nicolette and Desiree Tran earned a victory at the No. 2 position while seniors Aubrey Paul and Andie Young got a win at the No. 3 spot.
Freshman Nicolette Tran holds the best singles record at 7-2, followed by Paul with a 6-3 mark.
Thursday’s match is the first between the Cougars and Seasiders. BYU-Hawaii is ranked No. 2 in Division II tennis. No. 1 Annie Hwang leads the team in singles. Hwang and Sherry Liu are the No. 2 doubles team in Division II.
BYU owns the overall series against Hawaii with a 5-0 record.
The Cougars then return home to face Portland for their first conference match on March 20.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28