Corned beef quesadillas are a kid-friendly St. Patrick's Day recipe
Single dads have to be creative when it comes to holiday traditions.
I'm not naturally crafty, so I need to be intentional with helping my children create memories that will carry them into adulthood. Often these memories are made around our dinner table, and this year we're looking forward to a unique twist on the traditional St. Patrick's Day dinner.
It's just the three of us this year, so these corned beef quesadillas are a hit with my kids, and certainly easier to make than corned brisket of beef.
CORNED BEEF QUESADILLAS
Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
corned beef deli meat, thinly sliced
whole wheat or white tortillas
sauerkraut, drained well
Heat frying pan on the stove top for a few minutes over medium heat. Place one tortilla into the frying pan, and add a slice of swiss cheese. Add two or three slices of corned beef, and top with sauerkraut. Fold the other side of the tortilla over, and continue heating until cheese is melted. Flip tortilla over, and heat the other side until golden.
For a healthy side dish, serve with a kale or spinach salad topped with light thousand island dressing and almond slices.
Andrew Johnson is a writer, former radio reporter, avid outdoorsman and single father. He makes his home in Salt Lake County, and now runs 24saltlake.com, which includes other kid-friendly recipes.
- How your premarital experiences can affect...
- Couple struggling with fertility now...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for Amendment...
- Utah's One Voice Children's Choir to perform...
- How to talk to your kids about porn
- 32 pictures capture priceless family moments...
- Insights from the Behavioral Science Guy: The...
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000. Here...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 45
- How your premarital experiences can... 11
- Want to increase attraction in your... 6
- Kids' brains reorganize when learning... 5
- Innovative legal service helps those... 4
- Couple struggling with fertility now... 4
- Utah State Bar's lawyer referral... 3
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000.... 3