The Utah Jazz defeated the Detroit Pistons, 103-90, on Monday night in Salt Lake City. It was a much-needed win for the Jazz, who were coming off of a run four losses on the road.
Utah was the better team for the majority of the game, using the second quarter to establish a strong lead. After going on a 20-6 run to start the second quarter, they went in with a 51-37 lead at halftime. The Pistons had a tough time, and Brandon Knight was forced off early in the game an ankle injury.
Utah's scoring was spread evenly, and every player with minutes was on the score sheet by halftime. Utah had a scoring percentage of 52 percent by the end of the night. Mo Williams had his best game since returning from injury, scoring 20 points.
Other key players included Al Jefferson, who had 16 points and 10 rebounds, and Marvin WIlliams and Enes Kanter from the bench, both of whom had 14 points on the night.
This was an important victory for the Jazz, as it kept their winning record in tact. They are now 33-31 for the season.
Check below for some of the top tweets from the game, as Jazz nation reacts to an important victory.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25