SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah System of Higher Education has announced the appointment of Greg Benson as assistant commissioner for academic and student affairs.
Benson is responsible for providing academic support to the Board of Regents and the system’s member institutions. He will work with chief academic and chief student services officers at the institutions on the program development and approval process and other academic and student affairs issues.
Greg holds bachelor’s and master’s degrees in music from Central Michigan University and Bowling Green State University, and a Ph.D. in education from Michigan State University. He has worked in higher education for over 20 years, most recently at Utah State University Eastern, where he has served as vice chancellor for academic affairs and student services since 2010.
He assumes the post previously held by Teddi Safman, who transitioned to partial retirement as of Jan. 1 and will continue to oversee federal grants in academic affairs administered by the commissioner’s office.
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- Candlelight vigil held for critically injured...
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Former Ute, NFL player brings holiday cheer...
- Two arrested in SLC homicide investigation
- Driver allegedly causes accident on I-15,...
- What does a letter grade mean for my child's...
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 94
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 36
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 33
- Couples celebrate one-year anniversary... 20
- What does a letter grade mean for my... 19
- Utah lawmakers recommend lowest-cost... 16
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary... 13
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal... 11