Despite injuries, Salt Lake father-son team chalks up another win on 'The Amazing Race'
The next clue took them to Uluwatu Surf Beach where at the Roadblock one of the team members had to pick a surf board with a picture on it that had something they all previously encountered: the picture of a priest who blessed them in French Polynesia.
Chien and Sung had picked their surfboard first, but had a hard time finding where Keoghan was to check in at the Pit Stop.
The O’Learys were first to the Pit Stop ahead of Chien and Sung and won $5,000 each.
“Considering what you’ve been through in the last few legs, this is nothing short of remarkable,” Keoghan said.
“I have this guy for a teammate,” Dave O’Leary said of his son. “I couldn’t ask for a better companion.”
And the pair has no intention of dropping out early.
“We’ll do what it takes to win,” Connor O’Leary said, adding with his dad, “One leg at a time on one leg.”
“Love my son,” Dave told Keoghan as he hugged Connor at the Pit Stop.
Chien and Sung were second and the newlywed Bichlers were third. Singers Cutbirth and Kuhle were fourth after bringing back several different surfboards.
Graceffa and Camarena were fifth and roller derby moms Egender and Bandimere were sixth, even after having to go back and switch out boards. The Battaglia brothers were seventh.
The McCalls had to go back and swap out their surfboard, too, and were in eighth.
Erck and Hoel struggled with the “Fruity Top” challenge and then went to the “Sandy Bottom” challenge. Hoel suggested that they just use the Express Pass and Erck was insistent on completing the challenges. Erck stood by his choices while Hoel was obviously disappointed.
"I think it was a really big mistake," Hoel said of not using the Express Pass. "For me ... I'm feeling just a huge letdown."
"There's absolutely zero regrets," Erck said.
“The Amazing Race” airs Sunday evenings on CBS.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: CTRappleye
- An 'unlikely father of five': Comedian Jim...
- Clean Cut: '20 things we should say more often'
- 7 young musicians to perform with Utah...
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: The difference between...
- The Clean Cut: 'You poked my heart,' boy says...
- Human nature to be put to the test in...
- Utah Shakespeare Festival stages worthy,...
- 'Frozen' Disney World ride plans upset some...
- Body Worlds exhibit debuts this weekend... 2
- The challenge of using media to tell... 2
- 'Frozen' Disney World ride plans upset... 2
- George Clooney marries human rights... 1
- How to talk to kids about terrorism 1
- An unusually high number of PG-rated... 1
- An 'unlikely father of five': Comedian... 1
- The Clean Cut: 'You poked my heart,'... 1