SALT LAKE CITY — The Governor’s Office of Economic Development has hired a new managing director of business outreach and international trade.
Vincent Mikolay, a longtime strategy and business development specialist, has accepted the position and will transition into his new role immediately.
Mikolay’s responsibilities will include the continuing development of Utah’s six strategic industrial clusters, the International Trade and Diplomacy Office, and a number of other related programs within the department.
Mikolay has worked with several early-stage startups including OneSchool Inc. and Pannl, Inc. He has also previously worked for Nike Inc., The Walt Disney Company, Advent Entertainment and Ridemakerz.
Mikolay holds a bachelor's degree in business from Bethany College, a master's in leadership and organizational development from Xavier University and an MBA in strategy and entrepreneurial studies from the University of Southern California.
The position became vacant when Gov. Gary Herbert appointed Gary Harter, the previous managing director, to his cabinet as his new veteran and military services adviser.
- 'Another piece to the puzzle': Census reveals...
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally?
- Banks fined more than $5B, to plead guilty to...
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek...
- McDonald's CEO faces shareholders amid...
- Groups chase air pollution to keep...
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter
- Is the 40-hour workweek falling out of fashion?
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- Balancing act: Survey: Millennials seek... 13
- Lease or buy: That's the (car) question 11
- Smith's hopes to pass savings from... 7
- Banks fined more than $5B, to plead... 6
- 'Another piece to the puzzle': Census... 6
- Tipping is more than just a kind... 5