SALT LAKE CITY — The Governor’s Office of Economic Development has hired a new managing director of business outreach and international trade.
Vincent Mikolay, a longtime strategy and business development specialist, has accepted the position and will transition into his new role immediately.
Mikolay’s responsibilities will include the continuing development of Utah’s six strategic industrial clusters, the International Trade and Diplomacy Office, and a number of other related programs within the department.
Mikolay has worked with several early-stage startups including OneSchool Inc. and Pannl, Inc. He has also previously worked for Nike Inc., The Walt Disney Company, Advent Entertainment and Ridemakerz.
Mikolay holds a bachelor's degree in business from Bethany College, a master's in leadership and organizational development from Xavier University and an MBA in strategy and entrepreneurial studies from the University of Southern California.
The position became vacant when Gov. Gary Herbert appointed Gary Harter, the previous managing director, to his cabinet as his new veteran and military services adviser.
- International tax competitiveness report: See...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Q-and-A with Val Hale: a 'pretty...
- How much of your paycheck do you take home?
- Why one inner-city kid didn't sell drugs to...
- Apple sells more than 10 million iPhones in...
- NASA's Maven spacecraft enters Mars orbit
- 'Five or six' possible sites for convention...
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6 5
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4
- Rebate or tax credit? Clean air... 4
- Where’s the app for an earthquake... 2
- Bus ads bringing thousands of dollars... 2
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason... 1
- Guilty verdict in peanut trial should... 1