SALT LAKE CITY — The Governor’s Office of Economic Development has hired a new managing director of business outreach and international trade.
Vincent Mikolay, a longtime strategy and business development specialist, has accepted the position and will transition into his new role immediately.
Mikolay’s responsibilities will include the continuing development of Utah’s six strategic industrial clusters, the International Trade and Diplomacy Office, and a number of other related programs within the department.
Mikolay has worked with several early-stage startups including OneSchool Inc. and Pannl, Inc. He has also previously worked for Nike Inc., The Walt Disney Company, Advent Entertainment and Ridemakerz.
Mikolay holds a bachelor's degree in business from Bethany College, a master's in leadership and organizational development from Xavier University and an MBA in strategy and entrepreneurial studies from the University of Southern California.
The position became vacant when Gov. Gary Herbert appointed Gary Harter, the previous managing director, to his cabinet as his new veteran and military services adviser.
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- Students hope to invent windows of the future
- Recruiting crisis? UHP, other agencies...
- David Sturt and Todd Nordstrom: Don't forget...
- How to avoid scams on Cyber Monday and Giving...
- Utahns' charitable nature unique
- From world-class soldier to world-class...
- Utahns urged to shift spending during Small...
- Feds: Utah companies accused of... 26
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 11
- Obama shops at Washington bookstore,... 4
- Utahns urged to shift spending during... 4
- Recruiting crisis? UHP, other agencies... 4
- How to avoid scams on Cyber Monday and... 3
- In time for the holidays, S.L. Comic... 2
- Yahoo's CEO is running out of time to... 1