SALT LAKE CITY — The Governor’s Office of Economic Development has hired a new managing director of business outreach and international trade.
Vincent Mikolay, a longtime strategy and business development specialist, has accepted the position and will transition into his new role immediately.
Mikolay’s responsibilities will include the continuing development of Utah’s six strategic industrial clusters, the International Trade and Diplomacy Office, and a number of other related programs within the department.
Mikolay has worked with several early-stage startups including OneSchool Inc. and Pannl, Inc. He has also previously worked for Nike Inc., The Walt Disney Company, Advent Entertainment and Ridemakerz.
Mikolay holds a bachelor's degree in business from Bethany College, a master's in leadership and organizational development from Xavier University and an MBA in strategy and entrepreneurial studies from the University of Southern California.
The position became vacant when Gov. Gary Herbert appointed Gary Harter, the previous managing director, to his cabinet as his new veteran and military services adviser.
- Lawsuit accuses state of illegally pursuing...
- Chinatown Supermarket opens in South Salt Lake
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Consumer index climbs to record level in Utah
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529 plan
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4 percent in...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 9
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8