SALT LAKE CITY — The Governor’s Office of Economic Development has hired a new managing director of business outreach and international trade.
Vincent Mikolay, a longtime strategy and business development specialist, has accepted the position and will transition into his new role immediately.
Mikolay’s responsibilities will include the continuing development of Utah’s six strategic industrial clusters, the International Trade and Diplomacy Office, and a number of other related programs within the department.
Mikolay has worked with several early-stage startups including OneSchool Inc. and Pannl, Inc. He has also previously worked for Nike Inc., The Walt Disney Company, Advent Entertainment and Ridemakerz.
Mikolay holds a bachelor's degree in business from Bethany College, a master's in leadership and organizational development from Xavier University and an MBA in strategy and entrepreneurial studies from the University of Southern California.
The position became vacant when Gov. Gary Herbert appointed Gary Harter, the previous managing director, to his cabinet as his new veteran and military services adviser.
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- WestJet airline video goes viral as Santa...
- The Grand America and the Flower Patch: Once...
- Young adults are faced with risky decision to...
- University of Utah Health Care's AirMed puts...
- Companies make CEO changes in U.S. and Canada
- 2 financial goals you should revisit every year
- Utah gas prices among lowest in nation
- The American Dream is still alive for... 11
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- System failure to blame for delayed... 9
- Leavitt stresses importance of allies,... 8
- Young adults are faced with risky... 4
- WestJet airline video goes viral as... 3
- Companies make CEO changes in U.S. and... 3
- The Grand America and the Flower Patch:... 3