SALT LAKE CITY — The Mayor’s Office of Diversity & Human Rights and the Utah Hispanic Chamber of Commerce will host the seventh annual Diverse Business Day at the state Capitol on Thursday, March 14, from 9 a.m. until noon.
Lorena Riffo-Jenson, founder of marketing and public relations firm VOX Creative, will provide the event’s keynote address. Riffo-Jenson has spent more than two decades working in both the public and private sectors. She managed Utah’s hosting program for the 2002 Winter Olympics and served as the marketing manager for Envision Utah, a public-private partnership that seeks to open the channels of communication between Utah’s residents and elected officials.
Attendees will participate in an advocacy training led by Luis Garza of Comunidades Unidas, a community organization that promotes grass-roots outreach, education and capacity building.
The event will take place in the East Senate Building, Level 1, Olmstead Room 115. Attendance is free and open to the public. RSVP at 801-535-7704 to attend.
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem could mean...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- 5 features an Amazon phone might offer
- Ride-sharing business launches despite...
- Study: Fuels from corn waste worse than...
- Balancing act: French ban on after-hours...
- Utah wind power poised to increase
- How much did President Obama donate to... 47
- Obamacare may not be as expensive as we... 28
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 13
- Budget office: Raising federal minimum... 12
- March another record-setting month for... 5
- Sierra Club labels Utah oil shale, tar... 5
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this... 4
- Michelle Obama: High school diploma is... 3