SALT LAKE CITY — The Mayor’s Office of Diversity & Human Rights and the Utah Hispanic Chamber of Commerce will host the seventh annual Diverse Business Day at the state Capitol on Thursday, March 14, from 9 a.m. until noon.
Lorena Riffo-Jenson, founder of marketing and public relations firm VOX Creative, will provide the event’s keynote address. Riffo-Jenson has spent more than two decades working in both the public and private sectors. She managed Utah’s hosting program for the 2002 Winter Olympics and served as the marketing manager for Envision Utah, a public-private partnership that seeks to open the channels of communication between Utah’s residents and elected officials.
Attendees will participate in an advocacy training led by Luis Garza of Comunidades Unidas, a community organization that promotes grass-roots outreach, education and capacity building.
The event will take place in the East Senate Building, Level 1, Olmstead Room 115. Attendance is free and open to the public. RSVP at 801-535-7704 to attend.
- April 15 may be Tax Day, but Tax Freedom Day...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters Utah's...
- Why do only half of Americans invest in stocks?
- Happiness research inspired one business...
- Did you file your taxes jointly or...
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could more than...
- RC Willey opens new store at University Place...
- Leadership touted at governor's economic summit
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- Fight for $15 protests expand for... 20
- EnergySolutions shouldn't store uranium... 8
- Gas prices in Utah climb 15 cents above... 5
- Contact lens makers sue Utah over... 4
- Did you file your taxes jointly or... 4
- Happiness research inspired one... 3