SALT LAKE CITY — The Mayor’s Office of Diversity & Human Rights and the Utah Hispanic Chamber of Commerce will host the seventh annual Diverse Business Day at the state Capitol on Thursday, March 14, from 9 a.m. until noon.
Lorena Riffo-Jenson, founder of marketing and public relations firm VOX Creative, will provide the event’s keynote address. Riffo-Jenson has spent more than two decades working in both the public and private sectors. She managed Utah’s hosting program for the 2002 Winter Olympics and served as the marketing manager for Envision Utah, a public-private partnership that seeks to open the channels of communication between Utah’s residents and elected officials.
Attendees will participate in an advocacy training led by Luis Garza of Comunidades Unidas, a community organization that promotes grass-roots outreach, education and capacity building.
The event will take place in the East Senate Building, Level 1, Olmstead Room 115. Attendance is free and open to the public. RSVP at 801-535-7704 to attend.
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- 3,000 Workforce Services clients may be...
- 4 charged in year-long copper thefts at Utah...
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Children's museum celebrates 35 years of play
- Start thinking about retirement while in your...
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 31
- Obama declares health care law is... 21
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 7
- Obama to feds: Boost renewable power 20... 6
- Amazon's latest idea may make online... 6
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5