SALT LAKE CITY — The Mayor’s Office of Diversity & Human Rights and the Utah Hispanic Chamber of Commerce will host the seventh annual Diverse Business Day at the state Capitol on Thursday, March 14, from 9 a.m. until noon.
Lorena Riffo-Jenson, founder of marketing and public relations firm VOX Creative, will provide the event’s keynote address. Riffo-Jenson has spent more than two decades working in both the public and private sectors. She managed Utah’s hosting program for the 2002 Winter Olympics and served as the marketing manager for Envision Utah, a public-private partnership that seeks to open the channels of communication between Utah’s residents and elected officials.
Attendees will participate in an advocacy training led by Luis Garza of Comunidades Unidas, a community organization that promotes grass-roots outreach, education and capacity building.
The event will take place in the East Senate Building, Level 1, Olmstead Room 115. Attendance is free and open to the public. RSVP at 801-535-7704 to attend.
- About Utah: Company helps show 'you don't win...
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your time,...
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see their...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Target data breach: Credit monitoring will...
- Bitcoin controversy marks Newsweek's comeback
- Job growth higher than expected, but signals...
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 16
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 15
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see... 13
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- House backs bill to block EPA rule... 3
- China takes aim at pollution after... 1
- Small town residents: Chevron pizza... 1
- Uintah County businesses still... 1