SALT LAKE CITY — The Mayor’s Office of Diversity & Human Rights and the Utah Hispanic Chamber of Commerce will host the seventh annual Diverse Business Day at the state Capitol on Thursday, March 14, from 9 a.m. until noon.
Lorena Riffo-Jenson, founder of marketing and public relations firm VOX Creative, will provide the event’s keynote address. Riffo-Jenson has spent more than two decades working in both the public and private sectors. She managed Utah’s hosting program for the 2002 Winter Olympics and served as the marketing manager for Envision Utah, a public-private partnership that seeks to open the channels of communication between Utah’s residents and elected officials.
Attendees will participate in an advocacy training led by Luis Garza of Comunidades Unidas, a community organization that promotes grass-roots outreach, education and capacity building.
The event will take place in the East Senate Building, Level 1, Olmstead Room 115. Attendance is free and open to the public. RSVP at 801-535-7704 to attend.
- 40 percent tax on employer insurance primed...
- Warehouse clubs: Where to find the savings
- Ogden farmer's pumpkin patch, version 2.0,...
- Rocky Mountain Power honors LDS Church for...
- Balancing act: To keep employees, focus on...
- 11 guaranteed steps to cut family spending
- Dave Ramsey says: Charging off a debt doesn't...
- 4 signs you need to quit your job to advance...
- 40 percent tax on employer insurance... 18
- Ogden farmer's pumpkin patch, version... 10
- Warehouse clubs: Where to find the savings 8
- Rocky Mountain Power honors LDS Church... 4
- A multigenerational hit: Student debt... 3
- Balancing act: To keep employees, focus... 2
- Top economies move toward crackdown on... 1
- General Mills recalling 1.8M Cheerios... 1