SALT LAKE CITY — The Mayor’s Office of Diversity & Human Rights and the Utah Hispanic Chamber of Commerce will host the seventh annual Diverse Business Day at the state Capitol on Thursday, March 14, from 9 a.m. until noon.
Lorena Riffo-Jenson, founder of marketing and public relations firm VOX Creative, will provide the event’s keynote address. Riffo-Jenson has spent more than two decades working in both the public and private sectors. She managed Utah’s hosting program for the 2002 Winter Olympics and served as the marketing manager for Envision Utah, a public-private partnership that seeks to open the channels of communication between Utah’s residents and elected officials.
Attendees will participate in an advocacy training led by Luis Garza of Comunidades Unidas, a community organization that promotes grass-roots outreach, education and capacity building.
The event will take place in the East Senate Building, Level 1, Olmstead Room 115. Attendance is free and open to the public. RSVP at 801-535-7704 to attend.
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Kennecott hopes project will change mountain...
- Feds eye stricter rules for railroad rights...
- 10 jobs you can get right now
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid covering the...
- It's not just Hello Kitty: Japan's character...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Kennecott hopes project will change... 6
- State lawmaker calling for criminal... 5
- Cantwell targets small business loan... 4
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top... 2
- Feds eye stricter rules for railroad... 2
- Eagle Mountain votes to accept Rocky... 2