MILLCREEK — Police arrested a second man who has been sought in connection with a triple homicide for nearly a month.
The Unified Police Department announced the arrest of Davis Romney Fotu, 33, Sunday night in Millcreek and said he was being questioned by detectives. Foto was sought after three people were shot to death and a woman critically injured Feb. 12 at 8286 S. Adams St. (450 West).
Fotu has a long criminal history and was charged with a pair of felonies stemming from an incident prosecutors said happened three days prior to the killings.
On Feb. 9, Fotu and another man were at a motel when they were asked to leave by a security guard. After a heated exchange, the guard was punched, knocked to the ground and stomped in the head.
Fotu also spent eight years in prison on a pair of aggravated assault charges.
Earlier this month, the first man arrested in connection with slayings, David Fresques, was charged with three counts of capital murder in 3rd District Court.
Fresques was arrested after a two-day manhunt following the shooting that left Danielle Lucero, 26, Omar Jarman, 35, and Shontay Young, 34, dead. Another woman was shot but survived.
Four others inside the house — three adult males and an adult female — were not injured. Police described the home as a narcotics house.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Theater preview: Pioneer Theatre raises...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 73
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24