MILLCREEK — Police arrested a second man who has been sought in connection with a triple homicide for nearly a month.
The Unified Police Department announced the arrest of Davis Romney Fotu, 33, Sunday night in Millcreek and said he was being questioned by detectives. Foto was sought after three people were shot to death and a woman critically injured Feb. 12 at 8286 S. Adams St. (450 West).
Fotu has a long criminal history and was charged with a pair of felonies stemming from an incident prosecutors said happened three days prior to the killings.
On Feb. 9, Fotu and another man were at a motel when they were asked to leave by a security guard. After a heated exchange, the guard was punched, knocked to the ground and stomped in the head.
Fotu also spent eight years in prison on a pair of aggravated assault charges.
Earlier this month, the first man arrested in connection with slayings, David Fresques, was charged with three counts of capital murder in 3rd District Court.
Fresques was arrested after a two-day manhunt following the shooting that left Danielle Lucero, 26, Omar Jarman, 35, and Shontay Young, 34, dead. Another woman was shot but survived.
Four others inside the house — three adult males and an adult female — were not injured. Police described the home as a narcotics house.
- Chances of a 'Speaker Chaffetz' may have just...
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Vernal woman takes plea deal in child abuse case
- UVU now the largest university in Utah, new...
- Federal judge: Tribal court can't hear...
- Most wanted fugitive arrested in West Valley...
- Key witness in criminal cases against...
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes...
- Chances of a 'Speaker Chaffetz' may... 54
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 41
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 32
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 24
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17