MILLCREEK — Police arrested a second man who has been sought in connection with a triple homicide for nearly a month.
The Unified Police Department announced the arrest of Davis Romney Fotu, 33, Sunday night in Millcreek and said he was being questioned by detectives. Foto was sought after three people were shot to death and a woman critically injured Feb. 12 at 8286 S. Adams St. (450 West).
Fotu has a long criminal history and was charged with a pair of felonies stemming from an incident prosecutors said happened three days prior to the killings.
On Feb. 9, Fotu and another man were at a motel when they were asked to leave by a security guard. After a heated exchange, the guard was punched, knocked to the ground and stomped in the head.
Fotu also spent eight years in prison on a pair of aggravated assault charges.
Earlier this month, the first man arrested in connection with slayings, David Fresques, was charged with three counts of capital murder in 3rd District Court.
Fresques was arrested after a two-day manhunt following the shooting that left Danielle Lucero, 26, Omar Jarman, 35, and Shontay Young, 34, dead. Another woman was shot but survived.
Four others inside the house — three adult males and an adult female — were not injured. Police described the home as a narcotics house.
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- Jury exonerates Marc Jenson in fraud, money...
- Romney decision not to run again disappoints...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Undercover operation seizes $600,000 in...
- 7 unique adventure dates for two, on the cheap
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 205
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over... 163
- Romney decision not to run again... 47
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 39
- LDS statement could move Utah... 31
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25
- Business community supports tax... 22
- Utah residents rank air pollution as... 21