MILLCREEK — Police arrested a second man who has been sought in connection with a triple homicide for nearly a month.
The Unified Police Department announced the arrest of Davis Romney Fotu, 33, Sunday night in Millcreek and said he was being questioned by detectives. Foto was sought after three people were shot to death and a woman critically injured Feb. 12 at 8286 S. Adams St. (450 West).
Fotu has a long criminal history and was charged with a pair of felonies stemming from an incident prosecutors said happened three days prior to the killings.
On Feb. 9, Fotu and another man were at a motel when they were asked to leave by a security guard. After a heated exchange, the guard was punched, knocked to the ground and stomped in the head.
Fotu also spent eight years in prison on a pair of aggravated assault charges.
Earlier this month, the first man arrested in connection with slayings, David Fresques, was charged with three counts of capital murder in 3rd District Court.
Fresques was arrested after a two-day manhunt following the shooting that left Danielle Lucero, 26, Omar Jarman, 35, and Shontay Young, 34, dead. Another woman was shot but survived.
Four others inside the house — three adult males and an adult female — were not injured. Police described the home as a narcotics house.
- LDS missionary critically injured in Oklahoma...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Utah County teen made 'swatting' threats...
- Odyssey Elementary opens doors for...
- Stranger donates vehicle to Bountiful...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 58
- Utah argues for more time to file... 41
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 34
- Government regulation has become like... 31
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic... 28
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22