DRAPER — A paragliding accident Sunday left a man with back injuries after he fell 50 feet.
Rescue crews with the United Fire Authority are rigging equipment to safely remove him from the crash site, which is about three quarters of the way up the hillside at the Flight Park at Point of the Mountain.
Capt. Clint Mecham said the accident was first reported at 4:41 p.m. and a medical helicopter was initially called out to ferry the victim, 41, to an area hospital.
Mecham said that on-site emergency responders found that his injuries were not severe enough to merit an air transport.
- 4 financial follies of the millennial generation
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain Resort...
- Retail sales are up since last month
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men
- Grand America to pay $2M fine for hiring...
- Chinese city creates cellphone sidewalk lane
- Mega-resort could give boost to Park City,...
- How employers can improve the nation's health
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain... 16
- 11 jobs that need women ... and men 15
- How net neutrality impacts online news... 6
- Mega-resort could give boost to Park... 5
- Parents are short changing their girls... 2
- Which new iPhone is right for your... 2
- How employers can improve the nation's... 2
- Prosecutor: Plant owner OK'd tainted... 1