DRAPER — A paragliding accident Sunday left a man with back injuries after he fell 50 feet.
Rescue crews with the United Fire Authority are rigging equipment to safely remove him from the crash site, which is about three quarters of the way up the hillside at the Flight Park at Point of the Mountain.
Capt. Clint Mecham said the accident was first reported at 4:41 p.m. and a medical helicopter was initially called out to ferry the victim, 41, to an area hospital.
Mecham said that on-site emergency responders found that his injuries were not severe enough to merit an air transport.
- Ground broken for transit-oriented housing...
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Dave Ramsey says: Everyone needs a financial...
- Commission to highlight women in Utah economy
- Colorado high court considers pot firing case
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- Suit: Papa John's fired worker with Down...
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 11
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Colorado high court considers pot... 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Commission to highlight women in Utah... 4
- USDA: Genetically modified wheat found... 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought... 3