High school track: Davis relay team wins indoor national championship
Corbin Talley, Davis High School
Looks like Utah could have two prep teams earn national titles this season.
While the Lone Peak boys basketball team waits for the season's final national polls, the Davis High girls 4x800 relay team won a national title at the New Balance Indoor Nationals on Saturday night. The team got its start from Ellie Child, with Joanna Boyd taking the second leg. Junior Taylor Cox ran third with senior and two-time state champion Shea Martinez running the anchor.
The girls won the race with a time of 8:56, which is the fastest time for that event in the country this season, according to Davis High coach Corbin Talley.
Complete results for the meet were not posted at press time, but a number of other Utah athletes were competing Sunday in other races.
- BYU football notebook: Team captains named,...
- Nebraska hoping for balanced offense attack...
- Dick Harmon: Who will face toughest QBs this...
- Take expletives, not religion, out of football
- Morning links: Will Michigan beat Utah? BYU?;...
- Utah football: The Michigan Wolverines in 6...
- NFL cuts tracker (updated): Former BYU WR...
- Cougars football team undergoing reality...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 94
- BYU football notebook: Team captains... 38
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 31
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 31
- Cougars looking for special season with... 29
- Take expletives, not religion, out of... 26
- BYU football: With opener one week... 23
- Dick Harmon: Who will face toughest QBs... 19