High school track: Davis relay team wins indoor national championship
Corbin Talley, Davis High School
Looks like Utah could have two prep teams earn national titles this season.
While the Lone Peak boys basketball team waits for the season's final national polls, the Davis High girls 4x800 relay team won a national title at the New Balance Indoor Nationals on Saturday night. The team got its start from Ellie Child, with Joanna Boyd taking the second leg. Junior Taylor Cox ran third with senior and two-time state champion Shea Martinez running the anchor.
The girls won the race with a time of 8:56, which is the fastest time for that event in the country this season, according to Davis High coach Corbin Talley.
Complete results for the meet were not posted at press time, but a number of other Utah athletes were competing Sunday in other races.
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- Utah high school boys basketball previews:...
- BYU's Rose adjusts lineup — freshman...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- How did they fare? Locals in the NFL roundup...
- Rock On: A bad day gets worse for Whittingham
- Davis High named top girls soccer team in the...
- Doug Robinson: It's the same old sad story of...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 128
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 55
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 47
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 45
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 39
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35