High school track: Davis relay team wins indoor national championship
Corbin Talley, Davis High School
Looks like Utah could have two prep teams earn national titles this season.
While the Lone Peak boys basketball team waits for the season's final national polls, the Davis High girls 4x800 relay team won a national title at the New Balance Indoor Nationals on Saturday night. The team got its start from Ellie Child, with Joanna Boyd taking the second leg. Junior Taylor Cox ran third with senior and two-time state champion Shea Martinez running the anchor.
The girls won the race with a time of 8:56, which is the fastest time for that event in the country this season, according to Davis High coach Corbin Talley.
Complete results for the meet were not posted at press time, but a number of other Utah athletes were competing Sunday in other races.
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- BYU players work out at Pro Day in hopes of...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- BYU football hosts 'Friday Night Lights'...
- Runnin' Utes take on Duke in Texas-sized venue
- Utah football: Booker's return lifts offense,...
- Former Duke and Utah player Chris Burgess...
- Utes to face Duke in the Sweet 16... 207
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 67
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill is making a... 31
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- It's Coach K vs. Coach K as Utah... 22
- Ogden chooses to play as an independent... 21