High school track: Davis relay team wins indoor national championship
Corbin Talley, Davis High School
Looks like Utah could have two prep teams earn national titles this season.
While the Lone Peak boys basketball team waits for the season's final national polls, the Davis High girls 4x800 relay team won a national title at the New Balance Indoor Nationals on Saturday night. The team got its start from Ellie Child, with Joanna Boyd taking the second leg. Junior Taylor Cox ran third with senior and two-time state champion Shea Martinez running the anchor.
The girls won the race with a time of 8:56, which is the fastest time for that event in the country this season, according to Davis High coach Corbin Talley.
Complete results for the meet were not posted at press time, but a number of other Utah athletes were competing Sunday in other races.
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Utah Jazz: Latest acquisition Booker aims to...
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 224
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 86
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 75
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 41
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 39
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 27
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars... 24