High school track: Davis relay team wins indoor national championship
Corbin Talley, Davis High School
Looks like Utah could have two prep teams earn national titles this season.
While the Lone Peak boys basketball team waits for the season's final national polls, the Davis High girls 4x800 relay team won a national title at the New Balance Indoor Nationals on Saturday night. The team got its start from Ellie Child, with Joanna Boyd taking the second leg. Junior Taylor Cox ran third with senior and two-time state champion Shea Martinez running the anchor.
The girls won the race with a time of 8:56, which is the fastest time for that event in the country this season, according to Davis High coach Corbin Talley.
Complete results for the meet were not posted at press time, but a number of other Utah athletes were competing Sunday in other races.
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with...
- Good first impression for Utah Jazz rookie...
- BYU football: 10 players to buy stock in
- Graphic: What would happen if the Jazz match...
- Vai's View: Harvey Langi hopes to transfer...
- Doug Robinson: NBA free agency is entirely...
- BYU football: 10 players poised for breakout...
- BYU football: Box Elder's Riley Burt commits...
- Vai's View: Harvey Langi hopes to... 258
- BYU-Utah rated nation's 12th-best... 104
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with... 60
- Brad Rock: What Gordon Hayward needs to... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Robert Anae likes... 28
- 4 Utah college football players named... 28
- BYU football: Box Elder's Riley Burt... 25
- Fourth of July surprise! Steve Novak... 14