High school track: Davis relay team wins indoor national championship
Corbin Talley, Davis High School
Looks like Utah could have two prep teams earn national titles this season.
While the Lone Peak boys basketball team waits for the season's final national polls, the Davis High girls 4x800 relay team won a national title at the New Balance Indoor Nationals on Saturday night. The team got its start from Ellie Child, with Joanna Boyd taking the second leg. Junior Taylor Cox ran third with senior and two-time state champion Shea Martinez running the anchor.
The girls won the race with a time of 8:56, which is the fastest time for that event in the country this season, according to Davis High coach Corbin Talley.
Complete results for the meet were not posted at press time, but a number of other Utah athletes were competing Sunday in other races.
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Penn State sweeps BYU for a record seventh...
- Jennifer Hamson to lace it up for BYU one...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Dick Harmon: Execution, not words, will crown...
- Injured Tyler Haws could play when BYU hosts...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Utah State caps historic season with win over...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 61
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 40
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28