Real Salt Lake: RSL falls to D.C. United in narrow 1-0 road loss
Real Salt Lake fell to D.C. United, 1-0, Saturday at RFK Stadium.
In the 60th minute, RSL goalkeeper Nick Rimando made a save off a broken corner kick by D.C. United. However, forward Lionard Pajoy was in position to capitalize and found the net by making a diving header to give D.C. a one-goal advantage.
From start to finish, Saturday's game was sloppy, as both teams could not keep possession of the ball. RSL had several chances in the final 10 minutes, but could not manage to get one past D.C. 'keeper Bill Hamid.
Rimando had five saves, including a huge stop when United forward Carlos Ruiz broke free in stoppage time.
Five yellow cards were presented during the match, four of those going to Real Salt Lake.
Full recap coming soon.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 45
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 33
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 10
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7
- Amy Donaldson: It's easy for this... 5