BANDON, Ore. — Utah Valley University's Stratton Schulz shot a 2-under par 69 Saturday at the Bradon Dunes Championship and the Wolverines moved up one spot heading into Sunday's final round.
With his round, Schulz moved up 45 spots from a tie in 90th to a tie for 55th.
"Stratton had a phenomenal round. He finished with three straight birdies," UVU men's golf coach Chris Curran said. "I'm really proud of the way he bounced back."
UVU's Mason Capser, who was tied for 12th after Day 1, shot a second-round 75 and dropped into a tie for 25th, and Michael Dart moved up one spot into a tie for 33rd with a 74.
"The scoreboard is pretty jampacked," Curran said. "We're in within a few shots of having a really nice finish, so we need to go out Sunday and put together a good round."
The Wolverines (597) are tied with Washington State in 11th. They are one shot back of UNC-Wilmington (596), two shots back of UC Davis (595), three shots back of third-ranked Washington (594) and four shots back of UCLA (593), which is in eighth.
The University of Colorado (577) leads the tournament at one-over par, and San Jose State is in second at 7-over par.
Byron Meth of the University of the Pacific leads the tournament at 4-under par.
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to lead...
- Utah Jazz: Analyzing 3 trade possibilities as...
- 40-foot jumper by Lexi Rydalch secures BYU's...
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants...
- Dick Harmon: The night the rim got wide as a...
- High school wrestling: Pleasant Grove dynasty...
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting Combine
- Morning links: Hayward becomes 'gaming...
- Emery scores career-high 37 points to... 71
- Rise and Shout: "Jeopardy!" contestants... 60
- 13 locals invited to 2016 NFL Scouting... 50
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out... 45
- Dick Harmon: Time running out for Dave... 45
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 44
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 40
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 39