Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
The Utah Utes pulled off a huge upset on Saturday, beating No. 19 Oregon by 10 points.
Senior Jason Washburn scored 20 points in his last game at the Huntsman Center as a Ute, also picking up 12 rebounds to help Utah to victory.
The Utes started the game with a 9-0 run, and did not surrender the lead the entire game. They had a fantastic first half, shooting 68 percent from the field, and 50 percent from three-point range. They also made all three of their first half free throws, finishing the game with 80 percent from the line.
The good shooting continued, and four Utah players reached double figures, including senior Jarred DuBois, who had 15 points.
This was a great final home victory for the Utes, who are saying goodbye to five seniors when this season concludes.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28