Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
The Utah Utes pulled off a huge upset on Saturday, beating No. 19 Oregon by 10 points.
Senior Jason Washburn scored 20 points in his last game at the Huntsman Center as a Ute, also picking up 12 rebounds to help Utah to victory.
The Utes started the game with a 9-0 run, and did not surrender the lead the entire game. They had a fantastic first half, shooting 68 percent from the field, and 50 percent from three-point range. They also made all three of their first half free throws, finishing the game with 80 percent from the line.
The good shooting continued, and four Utah players reached double figures, including senior Jarred DuBois, who had 15 points.
This was a great final home victory for the Utes, who are saying goodbye to five seniors when this season concludes.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20