Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
The Utah Utes pulled off a huge upset on Saturday, beating No. 19 Oregon by 10 points.
Senior Jason Washburn scored 20 points in his last game at the Huntsman Center as a Ute, also picking up 12 rebounds to help Utah to victory.
The Utes started the game with a 9-0 run, and did not surrender the lead the entire game. They had a fantastic first half, shooting 68 percent from the field, and 50 percent from three-point range. They also made all three of their first half free throws, finishing the game with 80 percent from the line.
The good shooting continued, and four Utah players reached double figures, including senior Jarred DuBois, who had 15 points.
This was a great final home victory for the Utes, who are saying goodbye to five seniors when this season concludes.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- What are the chances? Breaking down NBA...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16