Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
The Utah Utes pulled off a huge upset on Saturday, beating No. 19 Oregon by 10 points.
Senior Jason Washburn scored 20 points in his last game at the Huntsman Center as a Ute, also picking up 12 rebounds to help Utah to victory.
The Utes started the game with a 9-0 run, and did not surrender the lead the entire game. They had a fantastic first half, shooting 68 percent from the field, and 50 percent from three-point range. They also made all three of their first half free throws, finishing the game with 80 percent from the line.
The good shooting continued, and four Utah players reached double figures, including senior Jarred DuBois, who had 15 points.
This was a great final home victory for the Utes, who are saying goodbye to five seniors when this season concludes.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- Utah football: Delshawn McClellon announces...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Doug Robinson: Peyton Manning sells out for...
- High school wrestling: Perennial powers...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former... 34
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 30
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 25