Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
The Utah Utes pulled off a huge upset on Saturday, beating No. 19 Oregon by 10 points.
Senior Jason Washburn scored 20 points in his last game at the Huntsman Center as a Ute, also picking up 12 rebounds to help Utah to victory.
The Utes started the game with a 9-0 run, and did not surrender the lead the entire game. They had a fantastic first half, shooting 68 percent from the field, and 50 percent from three-point range. They also made all three of their first half free throws, finishing the game with 80 percent from the line.
The good shooting continued, and four Utah players reached double figures, including senior Jarred DuBois, who had 15 points.
This was a great final home victory for the Utes, who are saying goodbye to five seniors when this season concludes.
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Heisman Trophy tracker, week 5: Taysom Hill...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 290
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 93
- Things won't get any easier for... 81
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 53
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 42
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37