Tyler Haws, who was sick earlier this week, struggled to get into the game initially, and only picked up four points in the first half. However, he and the Cougars came out much stronger in the second half, and Haws finished the game with 20 points. Meanwhile, Brandon Davies also scored 20 points for the Cougars, and added nine rebounds.
BYU shot poorly in the first half, with 36 percent from the field and just one of six attempted three point shots made. However, they managed to up that field percentage to 45 percent by the end of the game.
The game went down to the wire, and BYU had the chance to tie it with just over five seconds remaining. However, Matt Carlino could not convert his second three in the last minute of the game, and USD came out with the win.
Here are some of the tweets of the night, as BYU fans come to terms with a tough loss.
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 33
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28