Tyler Haws, who was sick earlier this week, struggled to get into the game initially, and only picked up four points in the first half. However, he and the Cougars came out much stronger in the second half, and Haws finished the game with 20 points. Meanwhile, Brandon Davies also scored 20 points for the Cougars, and added nine rebounds.
BYU shot poorly in the first half, with 36 percent from the field and just one of six attempted three point shots made. However, they managed to up that field percentage to 45 percent by the end of the game.
The game went down to the wire, and BYU had the chance to tie it with just over five seconds remaining. However, Matt Carlino could not convert his second three in the last minute of the game, and USD came out with the win.
Here are some of the tweets of the night, as BYU fans come to terms with a tough loss.
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football report card: Special teams...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 100
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 56
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 34