Tyler Haws, who was sick earlier this week, struggled to get into the game initially, and only picked up four points in the first half. However, he and the Cougars came out much stronger in the second half, and Haws finished the game with 20 points. Meanwhile, Brandon Davies also scored 20 points for the Cougars, and added nine rebounds.
BYU shot poorly in the first half, with 36 percent from the field and just one of six attempted three point shots made. However, they managed to up that field percentage to 45 percent by the end of the game.
The game went down to the wire, and BYU had the chance to tie it with just over five seconds remaining. However, Matt Carlino could not convert his second three in the last minute of the game, and USD came out with the win.
Here are some of the tweets of the night, as BYU fans come to terms with a tough loss.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20