Tyler Haws, who was sick earlier this week, struggled to get into the game initially, and only picked up four points in the first half. However, he and the Cougars came out much stronger in the second half, and Haws finished the game with 20 points. Meanwhile, Brandon Davies also scored 20 points for the Cougars, and added nine rebounds.
BYU shot poorly in the first half, with 36 percent from the field and just one of six attempted three point shots made. However, they managed to up that field percentage to 45 percent by the end of the game.
The game went down to the wire, and BYU had the chance to tie it with just over five seconds remaining. However, Matt Carlino could not convert his second three in the last minute of the game, and USD came out with the win.
Here are some of the tweets of the night, as BYU fans come to terms with a tough loss.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 45
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 28