Tyler Haws, who was sick earlier this week, struggled to get into the game initially, and only picked up four points in the first half. However, he and the Cougars came out much stronger in the second half, and Haws finished the game with 20 points. Meanwhile, Brandon Davies also scored 20 points for the Cougars, and added nine rebounds.
BYU shot poorly in the first half, with 36 percent from the field and just one of six attempted three point shots made. However, they managed to up that field percentage to 45 percent by the end of the game.
The game went down to the wire, and BYU had the chance to tie it with just over five seconds remaining. However, Matt Carlino could not convert his second three in the last minute of the game, and USD came out with the win.
Here are some of the tweets of the night, as BYU fans come to terms with a tough loss.
- Ranking the best rookie seasons in Utah Jazz...
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay forever
- Jeff Benedict: Jabari Parker announces...
- BYU football: Baker Pritchard discusses...
- Forget Kaepernick, Taysom Hill should be...
- Surviving the unthinkable: Utah lineman who...
- Dick Harmon: Many expect Jabari Parker to...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- BYU football: Cougars land commitment... 53
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 50
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 46
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay... 46
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Utah football: Utes are eager to pick... 33
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss... 24
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new,... 24