Tyler Haws, who was sick earlier this week, struggled to get into the game initially, and only picked up four points in the first half. However, he and the Cougars came out much stronger in the second half, and Haws finished the game with 20 points. Meanwhile, Brandon Davies also scored 20 points for the Cougars, and added nine rebounds.
BYU shot poorly in the first half, with 36 percent from the field and just one of six attempted three point shots made. However, they managed to up that field percentage to 45 percent by the end of the game.
The game went down to the wire, and BYU had the chance to tie it with just over five seconds remaining. However, Matt Carlino could not convert his second three in the last minute of the game, and USD came out with the win.
Here are some of the tweets of the night, as BYU fans come to terms with a tough loss.
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 30